Sign in to follow this  
MonsterX

Newb from So Cali

Hello there - I am not knew to absinthe as far as drinking it but knew to knowing which ones are the good ones. I am here to learn. at the moment i order from alandia and enjoy the Strong 68 and Gold 68. Besides absinthe I enjoy traveling, racquetball and relaxing.....

Welcome from another Socal 'monster'. :cheerz:

As far as I know, the Gold is still a no anise beverage, and does not even qualify as an absinthe.

The Strong68 used to be regarded as a very poor absinthe, but Alandia changed distillery (now a Paul Devoile product) and I have read that it is much better than the '68 that used to be made.

I just got back from Total wine about an hour ago http://www.totalwine.com/spirits/liqueurs-cordials-schnapps/herbal-spice/absinthe/leopold-bros-absinthe/p/106175750?s=1102&igrules=true

and picked- up a bottle of Leopold. Great stuff and highly recommended! :euro:

Welcome MonsterX! I'm also in SoCal and agree with Louchey - get yourself to Total Wine and buy a bottle of Leopold stat!

I will... I just bought Jade 1901 and it was excellent. I do think the Alandia's Strong 68 is pretty similar