Sign in to follow this  
Shuichi Shindou

Hello from Florida

Hello everyone! I'm from the US (Florida) and I go by either Robin or my nickname Shuichi.

As far as my interest in absinthe goes... after trying a glass at a club, I wanted to learn more and started combing the internet for info. That led me to this site, among others. My options were very limited, but after reading reviews of the ones available, I went with Lucid. I greatly, greatly enjoyed it (both with sugar and without). In lieu of an absinthe fountain, I had to use a plastic water bottle with a hole poked in the cap... but it was a fantastic experience nonetheless.

Not long after, some friends I'd shared the Lucid with wanted to split another bottle. Absente was the only brand available and... ehh, I didn't like it at all. (I'm not surprised by the discussions I've come across over whether it should be considered legit absinthe.)

My next purchase, in a month or so when I have coin to spare, is going to be one of the Delaware Phoenix bottlings -- I'm leaning toward Meadow of Love, but the reviews of Walton Waters make it sound phenomenal as well. I'm sure either will be good.

Well, that's my story. I'm looking forward to being a part of these discussion forums... though I probably won't have much to contribute at first, since I'm new to the drink. Thanks, all!

Welcome!

In lieu of an absinthe fountain, I had to use a plastic water bottle with a hole poked in the cap... but it was a fantastic experience nonetheless.

Been there and done that. Absolutely nothing wrong with MacGyvering a way to louche absinthe. Although, I have to say a carafe is simple and still my preferred method. Not nearly as expensive or demanding of table real estate as a fountain either.