ShaiHulud

Hello, I am ShaiHulud and I just joined

Yikes! That is scary. I can imagine doing a show in pain, but mentally impaired (shut up all of you who say I do everything mentally impaired)? Perhaps I should say cognitively altered. I guess people do it all the time but I would definitely want all the wits I have, about me on stage.

Well, the show IS Reefer Madness.

OMGB, I have had the misfortune of feeling some "real" anxiety and have had a panic attack or two (literally). Luckily, my issues are pretty much controlled by just knowing I have some Adavan around here somewhere if you know what I mean.

If anyone is taking their hat off around here it is me to anyone who deals with that on a regular basis and still comes out of their house. Trust me, what you do is a great deal more courageous. I would not do theater if it was the least bit uncomfortable for me.

Yikes! That is scary. I can imagine doing a show in pain, but mentally impaired (shut up all of you who say I do everything mentally impaired)? Perhaps I should say cognitively altered. I guess people do it all the time but I would definitely want all the wits I have, about me on stage.

I've seen him mentally impaired by various substances and let me tell you it is not pretty :harhar: Except with absinthe of course.

When I was doing "Annie" (insert dirty lesbian joke here) I had a horrible ear infection and I was on percocet, wheeee what a fun show, expecially when I had to dance down the grand staircase.

Then there was the show where one of the cast memebers got arrested after the opening number and everything was just crazy...until a friend and I got in to a bottle of jager, it looks a lot like coffee when you drink it out of a mug :)

Years ago when I occasionally pretended to be an actor, I made the mistake of going to ONE rehearsal after a couple of beers. Only a couple of beers. It was a terrible experience. I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't remember my lines and I had the distinct feeling I was letting my company down. I have no problem with actors that can enjoy a drink or two before rehearsal or a show but it's not for me. When I played wedding official a couple of weeks ago, I didn't even consider touching a drop until after the ceremony. :blink:

But afterward when the pressure was off? Oh yeah! :cheers:

Pensieve literally bumped into him on the sidewalk outside the theater where he was doing Hairspray a couple of years ago. She did not recognize him till I said "do you know who that was?" She said, "no, all I saw was a big gut and I didn't want to look up."

Shai, has that sushi joint close to the theatre received a liquor permit, yet? Everytime we've had dinner there, we would always hoof it to Warden's for a bottle of wine. I bet they wouldn't look twice at a nice classy bottle of our favorite beverage sitting on the table. And what a great way to get ready for Reefer Madness. :cheers:

T73, as to whether they offer wine, I don't know but they serve many different saki so they must have a license... Ok, I just checked, they do serve beer, wine and saki.

You probably know this but Nara used to be Sushi Hana (orrigional location) then SH opened a 2nd location downtown to accomodate demand. Not long after, there was an owner split and the 1st SH became Nara.

trapper.gif

A trapper to go with your Hawkeye. I started to look for "BJ Honeycutt" but I didn't have time to carefully go through all the hits. :devil:

Fortunately, Martin, I am not reliant on the external validation of a college's win-loss record. Granted, I never attended U of M. All of my degrees come from schools dedicated first and foremost to educating the student body and providing a solid liberal arts education with nary a thought to money going to frivilous athletic programs. :laf:

That and all of my degrees are from schools that set aside half their general funds for football. The laughing was mostly because I wrote that tripe with a straight face!

Hmmm, I guess I'll be forced to behave. Maybe. :devil:

If anyone finds themselves passing through Montana tomorrow, Shai is buying dinner. ;)

Oh? Have we changed reservations to Wendy's then?

Just kidding. I am quite looking forward to tomorrow. I am hearing good things about the show.

We're looking forward to it, too.

There is a very favorable review in the "Independent." The Sound Designer said the review's knocks

against the sound were perfectly legitimate as the Production Manager had only just provided the mics the day of the review. Typical. He promises everything in his control will be satisfactory. ;)

:laf: There was some great stuff there last night!

The poor show was a little cursed in the beginning, a series of unfortunate events before opening, but it turned out very well :)

Edited by Pensieve

Yes, I like to use it as many times a day as I can, I just love that movie! In case you couldn't tell by our wedding pictures that are floating around here somewhere.

Mawidge.

Mawidge is what bwings us togevvah today . . .

Mawidge, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam wiffin a dweam . . .

The dweam of wuv wapped wiffin the gweatest dweam of evowasting west, for if you fink of eternity as your fwiend, wuv wiw fowwow you fowevoe . . .