ShaiHulud

Hello, I am ShaiHulud and I just joined

Anyway… What are you three reprobates doing over here?…..Disloyal knaves!

I’m gonna need at least seven hits on my thread to make up for this. Pan, Theatre, Trainer....Get over there! I don’t care what gibberish you post, just get the frigging numbers up!

That goes for you too Lanfrey!

Hey, I thought you threw in the towel? Oh well, It didn't make sense that I was being kicked out over there so you could hang with me here anyway.

Threads are interweaving all over the place, Shai. Somewhere, I mentioned another Rocky Mountain Gathering. I don't even remember the thread but it was in response to the return of the Whyteknight.

Any idea when Reefer Madness is running in Missoula?

No idea at all. I have been very unpluged around here this summer. My kids are here and I don't get to see them enough through the year so we mostly hang out. I'll see what I can find out. Do you know who is putting it on? Can't be MCT or the U.

Ah! Here it is.

Cool!! I never heard of K-mo productions but I think we should plan to go and have a beverage. My kids will be gone by then so it's back to the green stuff.

We had a snowball fight on Thursday (Hidden Lake) and now it's 105degrees today.

Let's plan on that. If you and Whyteknight can set a date, we'll make it work.

I don't know K-mo but two of the primary company members are my old students. They'll be producing Hedwig and the Angry Inch this fall with plans to tour to the Flathead.

I have Reefer Madness on VHS,

I also have Glen or Glenda on VHS too,

that movie made my gut hurt from laughing.

Glen or Glenda, Plan 9, Eraserhead, Reefer Madness, Rocky Horror. I've got a lot of cult movies.

G or G is really funny, but I like it in Ed Wood...Depp makes the angora sweater work.

Early review on Reefer Madness from the Sound Designer:

"The show went well Thursday night but the band was too loud." What do you expect from a sound designer?

Friday the director took one of the actors (our friend and fellow absinthe aficionado) to the hopital. Seems he has kidney stones. No report on last night's show. An actor on painkillers and kidney stones can give any show a new twist.

Hopefully, they have that little problem worked out before we see it next week.

I can't think of many people I'd wish kidney stones on and this guy and his wife are first-class folks. Report from the Sound Designer (that would be my oldest) is our friend survived the show with only a little discomfort. Three cheers for Lortab! :cheers:

Yikes! That is scary. I can imagine doing a show in pain, but mentally impaired (shut up all of you who say I do everything mentally impaired)? Perhaps I should say cognitively altered. I guess people do it all the time but I would definitely want all the wits I have, about me on stage.

I know it was challenging keeping the energy up for "Wonder of the World" after a particularly fiesty Green Night. All we were out to do was empty the last of several bottles of the green stuff. There were plenty of people to share with. And it didn't seem like that much absinthe. Until I woke up drunk the next morning. That night was a different kind of pain. The actor with the kidney stones was there that night. I wonder how he would compare the two occasions? Ah, live and then live again.

Let me start with this, I struggle with anxiety/panic attacks. To be on stage trying to perform in front of an audience, would probably drive me to a stroke. I suffer standing in line at a buffet among all the people. Admiration and awe are my feelings for you theater folk. To read your posts and comments on performances tend to make me shake my head in disbelief.

My hat's off to all of you.

If we ever meet, the first bottle is on me. :cheers:

I love being on stage as long as I can be someone else. It is a hoot. I like challenging character roles. The roles that if you do it right no one recognizes you in the grocery store the next day. But different from Shai and T73 I have no problem with a descrete flask back stage. Ah, the memories. :cheers: