Sign in to follow this  
muggle

Greetings from San Francisco

Hey there,

Been intrigued by Absinthe for a while, but only recently realized that most of what I thought was true about the spirit was actually a fantasy cooked up in a hollywood studio.

Thinking of Absinthe preparation more like making a cup of coffee has helped me devise a better tasting beverage and a more enjoyable experience. My current favorite glass consists of first dissolving a teaspoon of agave nectar in the Absinthe, followed by melting ice directly in the glass of spirits. The melting ice creates a beautiful fragrant and flavorful louche. I prefer the mixture on the stronger side, with about a 1:4 absinthe/water ratio.

Nice to meet y'all,

cheers!

d.

Welcome to the Forum!

To each their own. As long as you aren't shooting shots or setting it on fire, you're probably doing just fine. :cheers:

Welcome to the Forum!

To each their own. As long as you aren't shooting shots or setting it on fire, you're probably doing just fine. :cheers:

Unfortunately I've committed every Absinthe crime known to man, but I'm here to pay repentance. Embarrassed to admit that I once thought that everclear steeped in wormwood, with flaming dollops of caramelized sugar was absinthe.

My first real taste was Kübler, and I'm eagerly awating the arrival of Marteau and Pacifique to expand my palette.

cheers,

d.

I've yet to try Pacifique

A delightful, nuanced, beautifully balanced (somewhat wormwood forward), and totally authentic rendering of an 1855 Montpelier recipe. :thumbup:

Welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately I've committed every Absinthe crime known to man, but I'm here to pay repentance. Embarrassed to admit that I once thought that everclear steeped in wormwood, with flaming dollops of caramelized sugar was absinthe.

Many of us have committed similar sins. I steeped wormwood in pastis, thinking pastis is just absinthe without the wormwood...wrong on so many different levels! :no2: