DanPatrick

Pre Ban 1914 Sample Availability?

Hi all! Is there still a good source to purchase a ~5cl pre ban Pernod Fils sample? I'd dearly love to experience this before it becomes impossible, and I certainly don't have the funds to purchase an entire bottle. Thank you to anyone who can point me in the right direction! :)

If you go to absintheoriginals.com be sure to check the link for Alastair's collection as well as the regular Vintage Absinthe link. On that main link Marc is offering a ca. 1900 pre-ban but there's still a litle left of the batch known to be from 1914 available in the other section. Here's a direct link: http://absintheoriginals.com/alastair-vintage.html

I have samples of both but have yet to open either. I've heard the 1914 is stupendous. Given the low level on the ca. 1900 bottle he used for the other samples it may not be quite as good. I'll be tasting both in the next month or so.

I've tasted 3 other (no longer available) pre-ban samples from Marc in the past year. Tasting a century-old absinthe is definitely an experience not to be missed.

I believe absinthes.com only has Tarragona offerings, not that those are anything to sneeze at. The ca. 1950 I tried was lovely.

Thank you Ghostorm and Georges! That's exactly what I was looking for- and in the right price range too :D I'll be putting in an order asap.

Edited by DanPatrick

I do recommend that you first check absinthe originals, and check with me if you can't find what you're looking for. Marc is a great guy, and it's his livelihood. I don't want to take food off his table.

Ah, well in that case I'll get a sample of the Pernod Fils 1914 from Alastair's collection on Absinthe Originals first. I will follow up with you in the future about that pre-ban Eddy though :cheers:

Yeah I'm really excited about the opportunity to experience it. I have most of a bottle of Jade Eddy on hand, it'll be interesting to see how it compares!