Is the alcohol content the same as the old Obsello?

Can't wait to get ahold of some, it is one of Christy's favorites. Any chance of having the same distributors as old? I am going to guess not but it would be great as we can get it local.

The alcohol is 55% this time. Still low but closer to original. : ) We cant make it the 68% I would like because the concentration of the botanicals gets too high to accommodate modern legislation (I think that sentence is troll proof). I don't want to get quoted out of context again.

The alcohol is 55% this time. Still low but closer to original. : ) We cant make it the 68% I would like because the concentration of the botanicals gets too high to accommodate modern legislation (I think that sentence is troll proof).

One can only hope. But I gotta' tell you, I love your finesse.

I don't want to get quoted out of context again.

You shouldn't, but count on it.

Hopefully you will send a case or two to the Catskills. Normally I'd wish for my local store, but they prefer to stock crapsinthes.

Edited by Père Ubu

Happy New Years!!!! Obsello II just became my new go-to for the Absinthing!!! :worshippy: We gots a review and video of the louching but it's gonna hafta wait 'till the buzzz passes. :drunk: (Just know that's wez Happy w/ it!!!!) :devil:

We cant make it the 68% I would like because ... I don't want to

Couldn't help myself. Outofcontext FTW!

We cant make it the 68% I would like because ... I don't want to

Couldn't help myself. Outofcontext FTW!

I find this interesting because I've had zero problems submitting samples to the TTB in that concentration (68%) and using a full/historical herb charge that passed with flying colors.

lately I have seen a video post of Mr. Breaux by one of the members here.

In his speech he speaks about how there Is no legal standard for what Is In absinthe. then I recieved a email from drinkupny about your absinthe and Immediately came here to see If one of the experienced tasters posted anything. then I noticed your post here almost seeming to look for approval from fellow members. (no Insult Intended). but If mr. stone and other major WS players would want to, would you look to help spread the truth by placing a kind of like wormwood society approved sticker or lable addition with the web site url, as a kind of a ws approved absinthe type of campaigne for those makers who would like to maintain an unofficial approval of absinthe traditions? since we have no formal standard yet. I may get flammed for this post, but I would like to see a absinthe standard set.

Edited by Todd

We've actually discussed the idea of having foil labels that say something like 'wormwood society approved' or 'Wormwood Society 4 stars'. It's just been difficult trying to figure out where to draw the line on who gets them and how we would distribute them.

I think it would be a good idea though.

maybe take a page from the masters of wine? Incorporate a base line of Ideas. since we have a few master distillers and others here it would need to draw upon experience. then again It would depend on how official It became. as a non profit unofficial advocacy maybe the willingness of the maker sending samples to pre determined professional tasters and a combined judgement from that and a basic discription of their process to see If It remains true to how absinthe Is made?

as far as the logo? the foil or maybe a jpeg to add to their existing label or a combination of both foil for existing bottles untill new labels can be made by the company with the new logo so they are not out any label costs.

Edited by Todd

Obsello doesn't have to sell itself to quite a few of us. It is a very good absinthe, easy drinkin' sitting on the porch in the spring time kinda drinking.

A cabinet isn't complete with just Obsello in it but it certainly isn't complete without it either.

We've actually discussed the idea of having foil labels that say something like 'wormwood society approved' or 'Wormwood Society 4 stars'. It's just been difficult trying to figure out where to draw the line on who gets them and how we would distribute them.

Yeah, it's an idea that is rife with potential for abuse. At GAAF 2012, I would've stuck them on Minnalouche, Jules, Kate, TwistedSerpent, AA, Vanessa, Taylor, Judy, Precious, Freida, Chris and Crissy (they were both pretty hot!), Diana, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone else. :devil: Never Ambear... Evan would kick my ass...

Been way too long since I last checked in...and when I do, what do I find? A new version of one of my old favorites?! It must be fate...DUNY, here I come!

:cheers:

Edited by sardonix

Now available at DUNY. THE PRICE!!! :drunk:

http://www.drinkupny...rte_p/s0615.htm

Thanks for noticing! I tried to make a subtle clue to it by posting in the which absinthe will be the first to get to $35 thread. :shifty:

We have long wanted to see absinthe priced like this. But everyone talked us out of it. We shall see if this works or... maybe we will go bust trying!

Viva la absenta!! :pirate:

Obsello doesn't have to sell itself to quite a few of us. It is a very good absinthe, easy drinkin' sitting on the porch in the spring time kinda drinking.

A cabinet isn't complete with just Obsello in it but it certainly isn't complete without it either.

Thanks for the kind words!

then I noticed your post here almost seeming to look for approval from fellow members. (no Insult Intended)... but I would like to see a absinthe standard set.

Hey Todd,

I am not so much looking for approval as much as I am looking for moral support. :fork:

I would like to see some form of an established standard. However, all attempts in the past have lead us no where. The truth is the time when this was a relevant debate may well be behind us. When absinthe went mainstream was when we needed something to help the uninitiated customers understand the difference between the real deal and the... not so real deal... These days absinthe is back where it was when we all came under the spell - a cult elixir. At this point I think most absinthe drinkers already get it.

The above essay aside it wouldn't hurt anything to establish some form of definition.

thank you sir for the reply, again I meant no offense and will most certainly be purchasing a bottle. I was just looking to speak to someone such as yourself to maybe with the help of the society leave a visual representation to consumers that this product persay Is a highly valued absinthe product backed by a community of dedicated Individuals such yourself and many others here.

my next question tho Is, how well will this rum base Obsello pair with champagne In a Hemingway ? :)

Edited by Todd