Silly Francofied German language. Tons of rules, with tons of exceptions. Makes it easy for foreigners to get into it, but difficult to master. Still, it beats spanish with its very strict rules that I can never remember.

Don't even get me into the one where the Frankfurters who conquered the Gauls are trying to speak Latin. They end up not pronouncing half of what they write. They should go back to Gaelic or Occitan.

Edited by Miguel

Got a bottle of 55.5 absinth today. Now I've tried my second glass, and even if I'm not a true absintheur (at least not yet I think) I have to tell what I tnink about it:

Not the worst I've had, but certainly not the best either. (Actually the second best.... ..... .. NAAAH!! Not really.)

Nice louche... (That has to count for something I think?) Then on to tasting it at about 1:4 (with water).... Mmm.. Well... Definately bubblegum of some sort? After a while some "earthyness". Not too much of an anisebomb, but I'm not the one to tell really. All in all I think it's a cheap brand and I think it would or could work as a sort of introduction to the world of absinthe to someone who's never even tried ouzo, raki, pastis or something like that before. But also with an explanation that this isn't really an absinthe.

The bottle says "mit farbstoffen" which means artifically coloured, and that shows. Still pretty green when louched. But I just wonder what else is artifical about it? It could be either way I think?

By the way. I read a german forum some hour ago... There someone called Morgoth :shock: tells that 55.5 absinth to him (or her?) was "süß, klebrig" (sweet & sticky)... Sweet it is indeed, so no sugar is aquired. (And definately not any burning sugar at all!)

Edit:

There's also something chemical about it, but I can't tell if it really is or isn't "chemically" produced, excl. the artificial colouring.

Edited by SethP

.. if they're not discouraged or even frightened from the bohemian style; burning and almost no (if any) water or maybe just as shots.

I'd guess that the bohemian style has influenced many germans and that that "tradition" is much more known, considering Germany is bordering to the Czech Republic... People in parts of Germany bordering to France and Switzerland may have more sence, at least nowadays? I hope that's the case?