Sign in to follow this  
detroit442

Leffe Beer

I'm not a real beer drinker. In fact, my taste in beer is very questionable. However, while I was in France a friend of a friend introduced me to Leffe Beer. Not sure if it's available in the states though. The Leffe from the tap was very tasty indeed!

I can only speak for my state, which is MO, and Leffe is available here. Oh, and I agree that it is quite delicious. :cheers:

I think Leffe is pretty widely available in the US. My wife is quite keen on it; in fact, my next brewing project will be a Leffe clone, just to please her.

For my part, I find it unremarkable, but in Paris I've heard it described as "biere Belgique; biere superieure" (with apologies to those who can actually speak and spell French).

For my part, I find it unremarkable, but in Paris I've heard it described as "biere Belgique; biere superieure" (with apologies to those who can actually speak and spell French).

Apologies accepted.

That being said, compared to the average French beer (think Kronembourg and its sister 1664, kanterbrau, stella, etc.) it is indeed a superior choice.

But still, it's no match to some of the best French and Belgian beers. No match for the average Belge beer actually.

(oh, and the actual correct sentence would have been "Bière belge, bière supérieure", or "bière de Belgique, bière supérieure", or "I don't have any clue about what I peroring about, so I'll throw a vague generality")

the actual correct sentence would have been "bière de Belgique, bière supérieure"

That must be what I heard...of course, one does not hear all the accent marks!

Not as bad as my wife's family. They knew good spoken French, but had no clue on how to read it. My father in law, whose spoken french was patois, called the city of Meterie 'Metahry'. But reading his military diary, his french was good enough to get him some paramours in Belgium while his unit waited to be thrown into battle in the Ardennes. My wife still struggles reading French, but will gossip your ears off in it.

In Israel I had Leffe blond, brown, red, and trippel

Here they only sell blonde and I did notice that Total Wine had brown finally.

Leffe Blond on tap is delightful. There was a southwestern restaurant in Ballston Spa that had it literally down the hill from my house. YUM.