Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Wow Rainer Maria! I remember seeing them around 2000/2001. :cheers:

Lucky bastid. Yet another disbanded band I missed out on seeing live.

Music Sá Marina in several versions (the English one was named Pretty World)

from Wilson Simonal (original singer), through Stevie Wonder, the contemporary Ivete Sangalo, a cover in Beijing, and the beautiful interpretation by Lisa Ono.... it is the "universalism" of Brazilian music :

=======================================================

By Wilson Simonal

Cover in Beijing

Sergio Mendes & Brasil'66

Lisa Ono

=======================================================

- Marcelo

Edited by mgs

Wow Rainer Maria! I remember seeing them around 2000/2001. :cheers:

Lucky bastid. Yet another disbanded band I missed out on seeing live.

I missed them too, Baubel. But in consolation, remember that catastrophe keeps us together.

Tonight it's been a couple of nice bourbons and Nick Drake's '

'.

Nice, Jay. Anton from The Brian Jonestown Massacre played some Nick Drake tonight on his live video dj show on u-stream. That's what I've been listening to tonight (he played a lot of demos for the next album) while sipping on Pacifique.

Jane Birkin is known for her super-famous duet in beginning of 70's "Je t'aime moi non plus" with Serge Gainsbourg, a music that was even "prohibited by the Vatican"..... Zazie is a contemporary singer that is a tremendous sucess in France. Zazie wrote this music for Jane Birkin.

- Marcelo

this is

a beautiful music that was actually written for Brigitte Bardot.... but Serge Gainsbourg fell in love with Jane Birkin and eventually recorded with her....

- Marcelo

Edited by mgs

this is
a beautiful music that was actually written for Brigitte Bardot....

It was recorded with Bardot as well, but wasn't released until sometime in the last 10 years or so. I have a Bardot compilation that has it. The Birkin one is a lot better, though.

One of my all-time favorite moments as a music lover was finding Serge's "Comic Strip" on vinyl 9 or 10 years ago.

It was recorded with Bardot as well...

Maybe her interpretation is not so nice as Birkin, but certainly you have a historical thing with you..... very nice !

- Marcelo

Weird mix of songs about loss, death, and half-Japanese girls, not necessarily in that order.

At the moment, it's Elliott Smith, an artist with whom I'm sure many of you are familiar. Here's a link to his solo/demo version of 'Half Right', a song he first recorded with his earlier band, Heatmiser. (If you haven't heard the

Heatmiser version, you owe it to yourself)

Oh - just rum and a healthy (?) dose of Coke, as I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep. At least it's Mexican Coke - cane sugar for the win!

Weird mix of songs about loss, death, and half-Japanese girls, not necessarily in that order.

Pinkerton?

Oh - just rum and a healthy (?) dose of Coke, as I'm running on about 4 hours of sleep. At least it's Mexican Coke - cane sugar for the win!

I split a case of that with my folks and my brother not too long ago. Prefiero utilizarlo para kalimocho.

Wow, red wine and Coke - I've not yet tried that particular elixir of the gods.

'Yes' on the Pinkerton (well, just that one song - I've been jumping around via some youtube/wiki cascade linking). Seriously, the room in the 'El Scorcho' video is brilliant - I want to live in that space!

Tangentally related to the Weezer, I've also been vibing out to Jimmy Eat World's '

' (incidentally, I link to YouTube vids without necessarily endorsing the visuals, but this one just has the lyrics so for those to whom English is a second-language, you might find it useful).

Oddly enough, no one I know has died, but if you were Patriot Act-ing my setlist tonight, you'd think they had.

Cocktail a la Louisiane

and listened "J'ai Vu Le Loup, Le Renard Et La Belette" by the Balfa Brothers

3/4 oz. Thomas H. Handy Rye

3/4 oz. Benedictine

3/4 oz. Carpano Antica Formula Sweet Vermouth

3 dashes Nouvelle Orleans

3 dashes Bitter Truth Creoles Bitters

Followed by a Sazerac

and listened to Richard "rabbit" Brown's James Alley Blues

2 oz. Thomas H. Handy Rye

glass coated with Legendre Herbsaint

3 dashes Bitter Truth Creole Bitters

Garnished with a lemon twist

Ahh YEEE!

What next Amede Ardoin or Kid Ory???

Edited by Deluge

Sippin' Pacifique and listening to Pulp's 'This Is Hardcore'. Shit...it is 9AM in the morning. But, who else am I going to tell this to?

Edited by kibbles

not sipping yet absinthe (will do) but listening to a song by Caetano Veloso with mix of several Brazilian styles with English lyrics in between :

- Marcelo

Sippin' Pacifique and listening to Pulp's 'This Is Hardcore'. Shit...it is 9AM in the morning. But, who else am I going to tell this to?

You came to the right place. And if you haven't yet heard William Shatner's version of Pulp's "Common People", grab another drink and

As for me, tonight it's the 94.7 "Two" local music only station (online) and a gin & tonic with Tanqueray.

At least it wasn't Leonard. :twitchsmile:

Calimocho and Wilco, and the Lion and the Witch live album...

Edited by baubel