It's getting closer!! arrived in Canada a couple days ago, currently enroute to the delivery depot. I am so excited about this one!

I have probably read the reviews a hundred times, hahaha (l..o..l makes something naughty, for some odd reason ;) )

for those of you that have tried it, what have you found to be your preferred ratio? Avec du sucre ou sans sucre?

Part of why I like trying new absinthe is the experimental phase... I plan on setting up a bunch of samples at different ratios, with sugar and without, and taste them all with notepad in hand. (just a thought, someone should really put together an absinthe tasting journal, like they have for wine and whisky and such. I can think of a few people who would buy it... )

Santé!

:cheers:

wow, ok... clearly spoke before I looked... Ah well.. glad to know it exists!

:blush:

EDIT: Just bought it. should be here in a week. B)

Edited by AFO

Awesome on all counts. Appearance, louche forming and finished, aroma neat and louched, flavor and mouthfeel, and a luxurious finish. Overall it's OK.

I tried a more descriptive post, but my ancient iPhone3 just couldn't handle it.

The trails as the water hit were dazzling, the louche thick and translucent, with an opalecense that must've read the WS criteria, and as I went from 3.5:1 to 4.5:1, trails could still be seen with a back light.

The aroma that makes me think Santa is on his way, and wear a grin for no reason. The mouthfeel, full and just perfect, as is the flavor. Awesome finish, as much a tribute to the herbs, as the fantastic base. This time I felt the Biondi was inferior to the base, and I heartily endore my earlier clamoring over the photos of the base, as I'm sure it would make a Top Notch Pisco, better than the Biondi on my shelf.

Damnit!!!!!!! Attempted delivery twice today, and no one was home!!! I could be sipping L'Ancienne right now... and on friday of all days, now I gotta wait till monday, and hope someone is here to sign for the package..

Is this a common problem for any of you? They should seriously call or something before they try delivery, cause I work near home and could have been here in 10 minutes... oh well... guess ill watch the louching video again... :tongue:

So it has to be signed for eh? Does DHL have a facility you can have it held at? Do they not do saturday delivery?

Edited by greytail

Dont think they do saturday delivery... Looked online and the closest depot is closed on the weekend (most of them are actually)

I think im going to set up a PO box for this sort of thing, because then they would just leave it at my local post office and I could sign for it there...

Frustrating I tell ya ;)

I once thought that would make a bottle last longer. I found it had the opposite effect. I tore through that first bottle with the comfort I had a second. Then the second is upon you, but quick.

that is a very good point... I have an open Blues cat, and my standard, Taboo, the quality of which seems to have skyrocketed as of late...

I am going to try and reserve the L'Ancienne for Friday night or some other limiting factor, so I don't go through it too quick. Next payday I am ordering the 4 jades pack. So I will be set for a little while :)

To conserve the good stuff, I stick to Taboo, which is available at the liquor store nearest my house. I figure if I buy it all, it will convince them that absinthe is popular here ;)

Once you crack that seal of your very first bottle, there ain't no turning back.

Tell me about it. 6 months and $1200 later I begin to see, resistance is futile.

Your bottle should be at your local post office. Just go and get it.

DHL is the sole contractor for German mail, but it is just that mail. when it gets to this side of the Atlantic, USPS takes it over.

I am in Canada, no USPS, but it makes sense that they would hand it over to the local Post. The nearest DHL depot is 30 minutes away...

I will be at the pharmacy tomorrow (where the post office is) so I will see if they do in fact have it. Fingers crossed, that would be an awesome surprise :biggrin:

Edited by AFO

Guess what I was just handed?

Yup, the parcel pickup slip for my Absinthe!!!!!! :yahoo:

I can pick it up tomorrow after 1pm!

It got mixed into the newspapers that were also shoved in my mailbox...

My night got instantly better. Knowing I will be sipping L'Ancienne tomorrow night fills me with excitement in excess of when I was 12, and knew my dad was giving me my first swiss army knife the next day for my birthday(swiss champ, the big fucker). I can't go to bed too soon knowing that i will be able to pick it tomorrow...

:mbanana:

:thumbup:

Edited by AFO

My night got instantly better. Knowing I will be sipping L'Ancienne in excess tomorrow night fills me with excitement

There,fixed! :devil: Congratulations,you're gonna love the stuff!