You get a sitation :laugh: for spotting that before I did, twin. :cheers:

Damn, I love this webcite. :laf:

Edited by Absomphe

make the Aa palatable

Distillation alone will will make Aa palatable.

Seen it done and tasted it directly from a legal R&D still.

You could add sugar and make it a liqeuer. (gawd I hate spelling that word, I rarely get it right.)

Sorry for the sidetrack. L'Ancienne is still a might fun and tasty booze. :)

The ironic thing is that the tummy ache issues were addressed by the 'flavoring' herbs of anise and fennel, and the Aa in the end, just provides a nice balance to the other two.

Wormwood has definitely been used as a folk remedy for a number of issues, such digestive problems, as well as being an anti-fungal/anti-parasitic.

Sorry..."it promotes a healthy response to blah blah blah" or whatever.

The 'C' and the 'Q' need to be banned. All sss sounds to be handled by the 'S', and all k sounds to be handled by the 'K'. In all western languages.

The 'C' and the 'Q' need to be banned. All sss sounds to be handled by the 'S', and all k sounds to be handled by the 'K'. In all western languages.

I'll be sure to get right on that, and put it on the agenda at the next LAGN asssembly. :rolleyes:

And to my favorite monkey...way to fling a little righteous poo. :thumbup:

Edited by Absomphe

Indeed.

The U.S.A is a Republic, not a Democracy.

And you can trust me, I was a poli-sci major, and like I always used to say, we know xit.

Emphasize whichever of the last two words of that statement you choose. :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

The ironic thing is that the tummy ache issues were addressed by the 'flavoring' herbs of anise and fennel, and the Aa in the end, just provides a nice balance to the other two.

Wormwood has definitely been used as a folk remedy for a number of issues, such digestive problems, as well as being an anti-fungal/anti-parasitic.

You don't work in the industry so you don't have to worry about your language. Funny how that works.

Like Texas and California? :shock:

No.

Texas is its own country, like Arizona.

And California ought to be one too, if only to make Greece not feel so all alone. :laugh:

My mom works closely with OSHA and occupational health and safety accessories. In one of her computer programs you must select the country for pertinent health regulations. You get choices like Mexico, Canada, USA, and California. :laugh:

Edited by Phoenix

I don't know Miguel, I have videos of guys louching up absinthe in the 1850s. The louche looks pretty thick in their glasses.........

I was kidding... Surprised nobody jumped on it: Motion picture cameras didn't exist in the 1850s. Too subtle/obscure I suppose. :euro:

I was gonna comment on that but thought maybe you what you were referring to was a video comprised of still pictures, like perhaps some cool documentary I might not have seen yet.

You don't work in the industry so you don't have to worry about your language. Funny how that works.

.....Flavor Profile. :laf:

Indeed.

For me, louche is more about mouthfeel than visual thinness or thickness, anyway.

As long as it doesn't border on throat-clogging, I prefer a thicker louche over a thinner one simply because (in most cases) it translates into a richer mouthfeel.

Bingo. That was exactly what I loved about my solstice-celebratory glarse of L'Ancienne last night.

Last night, I had a couple glasses of L'Ancienne to play with the ratios a bit. This time I went sans sucre, and found it to be quite enjoyable.

I did 5:1, and 4:1, and found that that extra ounce of water really affects the flavours. Its quite remarkable!

I have decided that I am going to give my other bottle of L'Ancienne to my sister to hold onto for safe keeping when I begin my training to become a Zen priest (at great vow Zen monastery in Clatskanie Oregon). That way, when my training is done and I come back to this area, I will have an approximately 10 year old bottle of L'Ancienne waiting for me. Yeah yeah, monks arent supposed to drink and whatnot... but there is a very big difference between drinking for effect with the intent on dulling the senses and getting wasted, and drinking for flavour, appreciation, and celebration of the senses. The latter of which is acceptable once you have completed the rigors of formal training. I want to pick up a few more bottles of different brands for that very same purpose. I believe meditation greatly elevates ones ability to appreciate and detect flavours. Meditation really helps fine tune the senses, so your field of awareness becomes sharper and more detailed.

But yeah, thus far, my fav ratio is 4:1 with no sugar. There is a wonderful spiciness to it that I just love, that sugar seems to cover up. :wub:

God damn is this a good absinthe! I cant praise you enough Stefano. (if you havent noticed by now :tongue:)

Santé!

:cheers:

Edited by AFO

Out of respect to Stefano and Martin, I've split out the louche discussion.

Which, by the way, has since been taken private. It has been an interesting (and respectful) dialog. Maybe if we come to any good conclusions, we'll share our findings/conclusions in a more appropriate thread. :cheers:

Sipping a glass of the 2011, and I'm blown away.

I'd heard that the leathery perfume was toned down in comparison to last year's bottling, but I find it to be every bit as wonderfully intense, and it's even more room-filling.

What is dialed down is the only minor flaw I found in the first bottling, namely, a slightly excessive camphorous astringency in the finish. There is still some camphor, but it's wrapped in a wonderfully fragrant velvet glove of wormwood.

This year's offering seems a bit spicier than the first, and also even creamier.

Thanks, yet again, Huntington Guitar and Absinthe Antiques God :laugh: for enhancing my day big time.

And, of course, thank you Stefano, for once again sharing your absinthe wizardry and passion with the rest of us mere mortals. :worshippy: :heart:

Nope, me too.

But a very Rolls Royce/old book, leathery Christmas. :)

Yup. :) One were the goodies are either home made, or just top notch.

One were

That tears it, my friend.

You gotta start typing in French...

Oh jebus, tell me I did not just say that! :laf:

Seriously, the 2011 L'Ancienne reminds me quite a bit of vintage Berger.

Very creamy, rich, and spicy with a beautifully integrated, fragrant wormwood profile.

Edited by Absomphe

Mmmm... sipping a glass AT THIS VERY MOMENT! :thumbup:

I literally have the finish dancing on my tongue as I type this.

Not sure where I was going with this :tongue:

:cheers: