Sign in to follow this  
ambivalentzombie

HELP YA'LL

:blush: I reckon I need to play more. It's been awhile since I've tasted it.

Precious is out of town until Monday so I may have time to do the right thing. ;)

OK~ I'm doing my order TONIGHT. Like, in the next 30 minutes. Montmartre? Mansinthe? I'm having a hard time picking. My husband doesnt care and just wants me to pick ONE bottle to taste before I ask for a couple bottles for Christmas.

Brian! Bill! LeRoy! Tell me what Twin Tec tastes like? It's kinda got me curious.

Im leaning more towards Montmartre because the review is higher and ya'll told me I'd probably like it.

Give me your final input and I'll suprise ya'll in the morning with my cart list. haha, I'm sure everyone will cheer me and say "FINALLY!" ;)

Edited by ambivalentzombie

Let me finish the glass of Pacifique I'm enjoying and I'll sip some twin tek. One thing I will tell you is that I'd buy more right now without tasting another drop. :)

It has been a while since I had my bottle. If my memory serves me, it is similar to the Duplais line. That probably doesn't help you much, but there are reviews for Duplais.

I'm sipping Twin Tec now and I tried to be conservative and it ended up right at 3.62 on the scale. It has a nice lingering finish that I may have graded higher but I wasn't taking my time as I probably should have.

I need to buy more. I feel it should be rated higher. I wish it were in larger bottles.

The stuff is made for the American motorcycle enthusiast. I ride a Harley Davidson.....fairly American I'd say. ;)

I've had much worse absinthe that was rated higher in my humble opinion.

Good luck. :)

I think the cinnamon tastes weird. I feel the same way about basil and stinging nettles in my absinthe.

Weird, yes. I like St. George more than my memory of Montmarte. I was seriously considering buying a bottle of it a month or two ago, but there are some domestic absinthes that I'm more interested in at the moment.

I hear good things about the Slerpis (the combination of Serpis absinthe and a Slurpee).

I've heard good things about it as well and was really itching to try some Serpis about the same time I was considering Uncle Monty's Perverted wormwood patch, but alas. Anyone ever try La Matrisse in a Slurpee?

Berthe de joux is the first commercial absinthe that I don't even louche with chilled water to begin with, simply because I wouldn't want to miss any of the flavor nuances or dull that wonderful Pontarlier wormwood finish even a little.

Agreed. I know I am a little late on this my daughter has been sick, but I have been drinking this one at room temperature and it is fantastic. Halfway through the glass I throw in two ice cubes. I need to order another two bottles. :3869-sadbanana:

Montmartre? You won't like it. :devil:

I liked it at first, but the cinnamon eventually seemed to dominate the drink, and I lost my taste for it.

It made an excellent remedy for a few toothaches I had a few years back, though.

I have a bottle of Twin Tec in my cupboard. It's good stuff. :cheers:

Opened mine up a while back and at the time I wasn't particularly fond of it. I'll give it a whirl again one day, but for now it remains as my least favorite absinthe from Matter.

I knew it, Joe! I have no idea what basil or nettles is...

they are a couple ingredients St. George includes in their absinthe recipe. It is different than most thats for sure but I personally enjoy it. Wouldn't suggest it as someones first absinthe though because ii doesn't taste like traditional absinthe, and so I guess like most people here I would rate it low compared to others that taste as absinthe should. (but that doesn't mean it isn't tasty)

Mansinthe

'Etoiles' absinthe spoon

Grand Pontarlier crystal absinthe glass

Good call, I completely forgot to discuss spoons and glasses as apart of your order. Probably is more important to order one bottle and spoons and glasses rather than 2 bottles. Absinthe just isn't absinthe unless you get the whole experience with it. Good job! :thumbup: I am excited for you. I myself have never had Mansinthe but you have inspired me to try it so maybe I will include some in my next order.

Brian and I talked about glasses briefly, but all in all I think that as long as I get a glass that fits an absinthe spoon, it's pretty much my choice after that. I was a little worried because I like the wide mouthed glasses and I didnt know how long the spoons are. But hopefully I won't be disapointed in my choices there.

Total my order was 145.38 for two spoons, two glasses, and 1 bottle of mansinthe. Which, I guess is not bad, I don't know if I could have gotten it cheaper with any other websites. My main problem that took me so long was finding a website that had a spoon AND glass that I liked because I hate going to more that one site to order something. Now, it should be easier...

I have 3-4 more bottles on my Christmas list, but maybe if I can talk Santa Clause into it I can sneak some tastes early. I really want to try some of the more oddball kinds.

The Mansinthe wasn't originally my #1 choice, but, I had a dream about it that pushed me for it. And since everyone seems to like that one and its just a plain jane flavor with no "hints" of chocolate or coffee or cinnamon, and not a lot of wormwood that will make it super bitter, I think I'll be safe, drunk, and happy.

But... I swear I think I'll probably end up hooked on the coffee one & Monty