AiO

Sipping Absinthe :) Watchin' Movies

Cool! :thumbup: I went ahead and ordered one of the personally made by Harmony VHS copies as well as the signed DVD that he apparently "filths" up for ya as well. Very excited cause like I said, I am a bit obsessed with Harmony. If anyone doesnt know who he is watch his 3 Letterman interviews on youtube. Very very excited about this.

Here is a good one, but the one after is even better... he was only about 21 here

Edited by kibbles

Nice. I've been a serious Harmony fan from the word go.. :unsure:

except that one about the celebrity lookalikes; that one put me right to sleep.

Edited by buddhasynth

With Vieux Pontarlier in hand again tonite, watching my all time favorite musical

"Immortal Beloved". What can I say, a redneck wood cutter from Goshen has to have his moments.

I think I have stated before that a horror-comedy hybrid (when done well) is my favorite genre. I came across "I Sell the Dead" on my Netflix que. Grave robbing seemed to be a profitable business for those that could deliver the goods to the medical profession around the turn of the 19th century. The movie opens with the confession of a graverobber to a priest on the eve of the robber's public execution. He shares stories of his profession with the warning, "Never trust a corpse".

Many of you have admitted your love of the horror genre. I think you should put this movie on your list.

Watching Peeping Tom for the first time, with my wife. We're either going to have some Pacifique or mead. The Pacifique is getting low (I looked for a sad faced smiley, but nothing could capture the appropriate sense of loss).

I started watching that a few months ago, but couldn't finish it. At the time, I just didn't have it in me. I probably could now though. I always thought Black Narcissus was awesome, specifically, the Kathleen Byron/lipstick vs. faith scene. ;)

You should really give it another chance, Baubs. It was reviled by critics back in the day (one opined that the best thing to do with it would be to "flush it down the nearest sewer"), but stands today as one of the great psychological horror movies--IMO every bit as brilliant as Psycho, which came out the same year. Too bad Powell's career never really recovered from the controversy.

Please do! I'll keep buying.

edit: My wife never posts on here, so I'll go ahead and post that it's also her favorite.

Edited by Ryan Winn (ubu)

Watching one of my favs, Doomsday.

Cool! I was wondering if anyone would post their Halloween movie viewings here.

My 10-year-old son and I sat down and watched Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein back to back yesterday afternoon while we munched on baked pumpkin seeds. He was transfixed! :)

I spent all month getting my Halloween movies in. A few to note were the classic wolfman/frankenstein/dracula collection. The complete black and white dvd box sets that is, As well as the modern colorized big screen adaptations of said monsters. Poltergeist, Halloween (the original), nightmare on elm street, from hell, the hannibal lector collection, and many others.

I think the child in me will watch a little Coraline and have another drink later, but for now its just another drink while listening to some dixieland jazz and chatting with some of the best people on earth. :cheers:

I think the child in me will watch a little Coraline and have another drink later, but for now its just another drink while listening to some dixieland jazz and chatting with some of the best people on earth. :cheers:

I did the same a few nights back, watching Coraline, not the dixieland. Though I think I had been listening to Cab Calloway. Clearly I need some dixieland, it would compliment an evening with a bottle much more than any movie I own. Come to think of it though, finding a copy of the original King Kong to rent would be nice.

Great actor, great performance.

I admire him more than most Hollywood actors of his generation, many of whom (De Niro, Pacino, Nicholson, I'm lookin' at you!) have long seemed content simply to play caricatures of themselves. I've never seen Bridges phone it in.

The Dude Abides.

A glass of Eddy and History of the World. :)

:cheers:

I watched "The Seven Samurai" the other night...that's definitely a two glass film (Duplais Verte, in this case).

I've never seen Bridges phone it in.

He's been called the greatest "natural" actor of his generation, and whoever said that will get no argument from me.