StevePrime

Who do you drink with?

So, OK, anyone in county Berkshire, England wanna hang out? :cheers:
:wave2: I'm in Berkshire also

I'm about 2 miles from Berkshire and 5 miles from 'absinthehour' (lives in Maidenhead)

Seems like the 3 of us should meet up?

He is as pleasant as he is knowledgeable. Really, a Gentleman in the truest sense of the word.

Careful Joe, you’re going to give me a big head! :wub:

it requires a bit more planning and commitment than meeting for l'Heure Verte on the way home.

No worries! The forum is a great place that I am sure you’re enjoying, and I am always here. If you haven’t found too too many folks in your local area to enjoy absinthe with then you will here. I’ve had quite a pleasure in recently getting to meet and know a good number of WS’ers and I’ve been just pleased as punch. And as Joe suggested, I like road trips ;)

I thought of the same song when I read the topic title

Touché! I’d say ‘great minds think alike’ but I believe great minds thing for themselves. YaY to us!

I'll second that, absinthe-wise. I've met a handful of board members in the flesh as well who have been great fun to share a glass with. Other than that, it's just usually Mindi & I, though she really isn't into absinthe. Most people I try to introduce to it don't take to it very well.

More for me...

Inevitably, if I am drinking absinthe then my boyfriend is there with me. And then quite often we are both with our wacky married friends - one of which I think posts here but I forget his screen name. Or maybe he posts on another absinthe board. I can't keep any online stuff straight anymore.

:cheers:

I also drink with all you fine people here at and on WS, as I usually help myself to a glass or two while posting.

So true!

I find that a glass of absinthe is quite well suited for a nice drink alone, while reading or listening to some music or whatever. It usually makes me relaxed more than chatty.

Recently, however, I have found a few kindred spirits here in my neck of the woods (through Facebook, by the way), who wholeheartedly share my taste for this drink. That's nice for a change to be able to meet up with someone and not have to begin from scratch and try and convince someone that anise can taste good.

That's nice for a change to be able to meet up with someone and not have to begin from scratch and try and convince someone that anise can taste good.

I agree. I spend many hours of my day trying to explain "stuff" and it gets old/tiring.

Drinking while on an absinthe forum or alone suit me just fine. Music is a plus!

As an addendum, it would seem my parents are not about to join the secret club anytime soon. My dad, who mostly drinks good beer and bad wine, called Walton Waters "revolting" and "even worse than that stuff last night" (Obsello).

Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed it. A beautiful night, Jazz88 playing from shrub-hidden speakers, lounging with a cold glass of WW drawing me into contemplation of the herbs... a momentary respite from the stresses of 24/7 Vizitation. ;>