Pontarlier

Show us your Glass!

2 crystal glasses:

101206053118736527262347.jpg

101206050939736527262202.jpg 101206052448736527262297.jpg

This reservoir holds 5 cl and the water/absinthe ratio is 4:1.

Same cuts on both reservoirs.

I'm a new fanatic and damn near obsessed with the accouterments. I have poured through the archives here, web based shops and so forth and that first one has to be the nicest glass I've seen yet. The photo is beautiful also.

Congrats Marc, they're both beautiful pieces.

Oh my yes, it's a gorgeous glass. I'm a clumsy human when I'm sober so I use tupperware. It's difficult to appreciate the louche but part of the enjoyment is fiddling with the water:booze ratio. It could take all evening or morning in some cases. :)

My guess would be that when Marc louches a drink in that glass it won't be LTV. :laugh:

Thimble sipper, sippy cup or something small so I don't waste much booze. And I sing and dance much better when lit.

JMO. *smileyforkintheeyeemoticon*

Hey Garrett, nice antique Torsadè glasses! I see you're using a black light, and hope you weren't sold those being told they are uranium glass. There has been a guy on Ebay doing this from time to time. You may even find an old post from me with a similar faintly glowing torsadè if you look hard enough, when I was wondering about its possible uranium content.

The green glow in these pics is from other trace metal oxides, like magnesium or manganese. This IS a great test to check for the validity of a glass' age, as most French glasses from this era will glow faint green under black-light. (True uranium glass is off the charts neon green under black-light, from rim to bottom). You may likely know this, but I'm sharing, just in case, and also so that other new folks don't buy something on Ebay advertised as uranium glass when it's not. Great glasses, and there are plenty of us here who love to use antiques in our absinthe prep! There's nothing like an antique glass....

:cheers:

Hey Scott! Thanks so much for the information. No I was not sold these glasses on the premise of Uranium luckily just on them being antique absinthe glasses. I did assume they contained it due to the glowing under the black light so thats very good to know for future purchases.

...Scott, as always, thank you for the information.......

........we newcomers are always grateful for these absinthe tips........