Pontarlier

Show us your Glass!

Damn! That's a great glass Garrett! Nice find! You would have gone nuts at the market at Absinthiades...there was a matching East glass there.

Edited by Scott M.

Yeah, I've only bought antiques on rare occasions when I could afford them plus more absinthe. Otherwise I just get more absinthe.

My kind of guy(My God,an ultra fantastic guitar player also ) but some kind of Ouraline should be on all serious Absentheurs lifelong long "must aquire" list on this Forum

I was really pleased to add to my small but ever growing collection recently.

A few old spoons and a Tarragona reservoir glass.

I believe Humpty is eyeballin' my drink though.

post-3717-0-15144500-1394156837_thumb.jpg

The fluff ball is named Nugget. A 10 yr. old Golden Yorkie we adopted when his owners health became too much for her to take care of. He came with a big box full of medicine and a book 2 inches thick of every procedure and vet visit he had ever had. His belly literally drug the ground, he had terrible asthma and could barely get around. He was used to a 20 piece order of chicken nuggets a day for treats. (Thus the name.)

He had never been outdoors more than to use the bathroom and wasn't expected to live long at all. I didn't much care for him and couldn't understand why in the world my wife had brought him home, but she had promised the old lady on her deathbed that she would look after him and that's what we did. I put him on a diet of strictly dog food and began taking him to the woods with me on my walks.

He seemed to enjoy being out there, seeing the world as he had never before. He tried his best to keep up. I smiled to myself at his tenacity and helped him along when he needed it. Before long he could cross any log or small stream and began to lose weight and seemed be gaining some vigor. Needless to say he grew on me and now he is my little trail buddy and keeps up with my younger and bigger hound and loves and enjoys his trips to the woods.

The vet said we had probably added 5 to 7 yrs to his life. He is no longer on any medicine and is fit and trim, and the asthma is practically nonexistent. I wouldn't take nothing for him and I will probably cry like a little girl on the day he does pass. But I am grateful for the little fella and what he has taught me about never giving up and to take each day as the gift that it is.

Edited by Songcatcher

And a good day to you, Sir. :euro: A wise friend from this here Forum once told me, "If we're to be judged at all, it should be how we treat animals."

We only have two glasses that came with a gift set that included a couple of replica spoons as well. Being of limited finances our priority with Absinthe is the drink itself, but our next project/acquisition is going to be a home made fountain (got all the requisite pieces, just need to drill some holes and put it all together - I'll post pics and a vid in the fountain thread when it's all done).

2ds2rmc.jpg