shinsain

Odd shipping questions...

So, first I thought I'd say hi to everyone as I haven't posted in a long time. My life has been super complicated in the last year or so, but it's going pretty decently now.

So, my question is how to get something down to where I'm at currently. I am now located at McMurdo Station, Antarctica. We have an APO address, but the problem is that all mail comes through New Zealand and a few folks have told me that their customs is a bit surley when it comes to shipping alcohol.

I would love to order from a New Zealand retailer...but unfortunately there are no Kiwi distibrutors.

So, anyone have any info on New Zealand? My issue?

Good to be back. Missed you guys.

Aaron

I am now located at McMurdo Station, Antarctica.

Sounds frozen, dark, and desolate.

In other words, quite an upgrade from New Jersey. :tongue:

Nice to see you again, Aaron! :cheers:

Ok, well, no biggie. I can always try and order something cheap and if they get it, I'll know I'm hosed.

It's nice to see you guys too.

So, I'm here doing electronics. As a few know I'm a radio/radar/satellite communication technician. I recently got divorced, separated from the military after 7 years, and moved back to Seattle (thank GOD) -- and I needed more adventure.

Oh, and Absomphe, it's summer down here, so it's light 24 hours a day. Hooray for plywooding up my windows!

Good to see you again, Aaron.

Unfortunately you'll have to drink a lot of absinthe to see any abominable snowmen. If they inhabit anywhere, it's Tibet/Nepal.

"Absinthe and abominable snowmen." I could start a book with those four words. :)

And that avatar is certainly a picture worth a thousand words, but even I'm too much of a gentleman to type most of 'em. :laugh:

Unfortunately you'll have to drink a lot of absinthe to see any abominable snowmen. If they inhabit anywhere, it's Tibet/Nepal.

That's what you think. That's the tamer Yeti; a distant cousin on the evolutionary scale :-)

And that avatar is certainly a picture worth a thousand words, but even I'm too much of a gentleman to type most of 'em. :laugh:

I'm not; keep'em flying.

Shin, I can't actually answer your question but I live in Seattle and my name is Aaron so I had to respond. :rolleyes:

You have a problem with homicidal maniac toddlers? She will not be trick or treating with the make-up on. I just couldn't resist.

Here is the before:

jokerbebe041.jpg

and after:

jokerbebe084.jpg

Hmmm....not to delve too deep into the subject...but I wonder, in a stateless international territory...what the laws might be concerning distillation? Antarctique anyone?

Ok, so I contacted a few folks and it looks like I *might* be able to get some Mansinthe by a route I'm not so sure of.

I contacted Ian/LdF and they can't ship to an APO. This is fricken killing me.

Hey Alan, how are you? How about you folks at Bugnon? Could you enquire about shipping with them?

And no worries, Tibet/Nepal are this coming year sometime!

Antarctica, eh? Pissed someone off real good, didn't you, Shinsain?

No, oddly enough I got out of the military and actually got to travel someplace that I wanted to go!! Go figure!

Hmmm....not to delve too deep into the subject...but I wonder, in a stateless international territory...what the laws might be concerning distillation? Antarctique anyone?

Yeah, this place is a weird double standard...overtime laws don't apply so I work (at a minimum) 6, 9 hour days a week and never get overtime...but on the other hand, we still have to pay taxes. Interesting, eh? We have hold up our end of the bargian, but alas, the government doesn't.

And hell, ship me some herbs and I'll ship some Antarctique later this year. Hell, people have supposedly grown marijuana in the green house, why not distill some absinthe?