Yeah, I hear you. I was intrigued last night when I saw it at LDF but will wait for the word to trickle in.

I thnk I'm stodging up as far as Presentation goes, I used to not care about the packaging but it seems to me that the Good Stuff has a more oldschool feel. I mean if the Lucid bottle is what were gonna be given as an option then I'll take the BE approach.

Then again if I put out a brand it would probably have Gollum and the Wicked Witch squeezing luminous fish into a Cyclops Skull.....

Or Johnny Fever passed out at the turntable.

Remember that one was originally made for a Swiss motorcycle club, hence the label.

The words already trickled in buddhasynth, see my post and reviews, it's a good absinthe, though not a big step from the Duplais line profile, it's typical Matter.

read the review, after my post of course. I'm good with the Matter products, have yet to get a klunker from them.

I'm quite interested but, as usual, financially embarrassed at the time....

anyone want to trade a Sample.....?

Somehow I just don't see our American Bikers sitting around their Absinthe fountains and carefully placing dainty cubes of sugar onto their spoons.

And if this was made for a Swiss motorcycle club are they that big that marketing a new brand just to them makes sense? Impossible.

IMO the packaging for modern day Absinthe is beyond horrible with maybe 3-4 exceptions. Haven't these producers every heard of a focus group or a blind testing panel. Do they have a single clue on about the profile of their customer..do they care?

I've seen countless products struggle to establish themselves over the past 30 years. From cars to Potato chips to Perfume. I don't think I've ever seen a product so lost unto itself as Absinthe.

I like the Lucid bottle.

Ha! I remember seeing a bottle of Lucid for the first time and thinking it looked like something I would have hung on my wall when I was 14. I think it's just awful. I like Lucid though. I think the bottle plays to the dark side of Absinthe to me that's a shame.

On their web site they say the bottle was designed by a renowned french artist. Of course they don't mention any names. :twitchsmile:

I like Lucid though. I think the bottle plays to the dark side of Absinthe to me that's a shame.

On their web site they say the bottle was designed by a renowned french artist. Of course they don't mention any names. :twitchsmile:

True, it does imply a mystery of sorts--I think that's a small reason why I chose it as my first absinthe, as much of its mystery is what drew me to investigate. They are a little more dramatic than I would like, though they do make me chuckle! I know that the eyes are an historical reference to Le Chat Noir.

Personally, I like seeing a wide variety of art on absinthe bottles. Some historical influences, some more modern minimal approaches, something quirky. And that's what we have and I'm happy with it.

Although I think that goth bottle looks like crap to me, and this comes from a guy who frequented goth clubs from way back. "Essence of darkness'? Sounds like Zoolander to me.

I do like the idea of Twin Tec. I could easily see bikers louching up a cube of amphetamines with a syringe full of water. That's tough enough ain't it? ;)

I like the cat's eyes.

When my wife and I were in Vegas we'd always keep an eye out for the kitty cat while walking past bars. It was those eyes we saw at the Venetian, and they were a welcome sight.

Whenever we walk into the superstore here at home we can see from quite a distance whether or not Lucid has arrived. To this date, it has not, but we keep looking for the chat noir.

As for the biker gang... I'm sure the absinthe is good as I've taken a liking to the Matters. But bikers? Well, okay, I guess. Hmm... I guess I can see them in their convoy of Harleys as they head up the road in the mountains and stop at some field where wildflowers are in full bloom. Then they whip out their bottles and carafes and sip absinthe. :twitchsmile:

I have a pic somewhere of us louching a glass on our bike in a park. Geezer glides are good for lots of things.

The reviews have been good but I've been kind of hoping LdF would carry it. Today may be the day.

There will be a new pic soon.

B)

I like the cat's eyes.

I'll admit the bottle has grown on me, I like Lucid a lot. It was my first Absinthe and so kitty eyes and all I've grown used to em staring back at me from the shelf :twitchsmile:

As a graphic designer myself, I tend to be a little more than influenced by design. And one of the things that's kept me from Lucid is the design. I just think is goofy as hell.

To keep a bit on topic, I do like the Twin Tec design. :)

I was considering this in my most recent LDF order, but between the modest bottle size and tendency for similarity between the Matter absinthes I instead went with another bottle of La Coquette along with L'Italienne and Jade Edouard, neither which I've had yet. But if anyone has a desire for a swap lemme know :cheers: