I'll give it another go later. Thanks. ;)

2nd glass went a bit better. I think it was the water temp.

Edited by greytail

Also, for those of you local to Pacific Distillery, or plan on being in the area, we are inviting you to a bottling party.

When? Saturday, July 21 and 28, at 11AM. PM or email me if interested.

I hope everything went well as Im looking forward to being able to find another bottle to purchase. Would have helped, but 30 hour drive and all..

Just an aside, but I looked at your photos on the Pacifique website and those tables make me nervous. We used them where I work and the legs collapse from time to time. Your stuffs just to good to spill a drop. Really interesting to see the distillery.

I am very much looking forward to trying Pacifique... but due to the difficulty ordering US absinthes, I have to wait and order several bottles all at once. I figure a pack with Ridge Verte and Blanche, Marteau, and Pacifique should be a good US sampler. So many absinthes, so few dollars.... :tongue:

:cheers:

Pacifique is good. Not my favorite, but it is good absinthe. It makes me work too hard for my liking in the preparation stage. I find it to be very finicky.

Edited by greytail

I find pacifique to be uber easy to prepare, being good at different dilutions, and being able to take sugar. But to each, their own palate.

Pacifique may very well be my favorite (though it depends on what kind of balance I'm in the mood for). Its flavor and finish are incredible. The first time I tasted it, it was as if I finally had a bottle that tasted the way I always wished absinthe would taste.

Edited by plasticstatic

A fifth of Pacifique?

Now that's what I call Absomphesizing™*

*Warning: Professional stunt drinker.

Do NOT attempt! :laugh:

Just had a nice pour. Quite refreshing indeed. Nice opalescent louche this time. Not completely opaque but just right.

She makes you work for it though. Boy does the flavor keep improving the slower I sip on it.

That glass I had was the best yet. Too bad it took so many attempts to get there. While the contents have not changed upon from some slight settling, it is the first absinthe I've bought which gave me so many variables in prep.

Edited by greytail

Catskill Cellars has this on their website: Not sure if it means that I could get stuck with an empty bottle and they won't replace it.

Any one have a clue?

'*Please Note: Bottle tops are hand driven corks, sealed only by wax and therefore we cannot guarantee against seepage or cork dislodging during shipment.'

Thanks

Jo

I've only had positive experiences with Catskill Cellars. Every bottle I have gotten from them has had packing tape across the top of the bottle to prevent any loss. I don't know anyone that has lost any significant amount. 0.

Catskill Cellars has this on their website: Not sure if it means that I could get stuck with an empty bottle and they won't replace it.

Any one have a clue?

'*Please Note: Bottle tops are hand driven corks, sealed only by wax and therefore we cannot guarantee against seepage or cork dislodging during shipment.'

Thanks

Jo

I think this is in reference to the Delaware Phoenix products, not those from Pacific Distillery. However, I've ordered DP products from Catskills with ZERO problems from shippping. Have no fear in ordering from Catskills Cellars.

Anyone know who currently has Pacifique in stock in the Los Angeles area? I think I cleared out the supply at Wine and Liquor Depot, and Beverage Warehouse doesn't seem to have it in stock anymore. Also tried Vendome and K&L - places I've bought Pacifique from before.

Any one have a clue?

Thanks

Jo

I think this is in reference to the Delaware Phoenix products, not those from Pacific Distillery. However, I've ordered DP products from Catskills with ZERO problems from shippping. Have no fear in ordering from Catskills Cellars.

(emphasis mine)

Ditto and ditto.

Congrats, Mark.

I like the sound of "for testing purposes, especially if that might include possible test runs of new prototypes.

Not that the flagship Pacifique isn't amazing all by itself, of course.