Which store exactly praytell?

I think there is only one Market left in Bellingham since the Fairhaven store closed, and that would be the Lakeway store at 1030 Lakeway Drive.

Forgot to ask; is Voyager there also?

I didn't notice any, but they were still in the process of unpacking a lot of booze onto the shelves, and I don't think they had gotten around to the gin.

So far, I've only made it to Trader Joe's, which I'm presuming will have among the smallest selections of any other store carrying booze, due largely to lack of space. There was no absinthe on the shelf, and of gins, I only remember seeing Tanqueray.

As a side note, Costco is apparently going to start selling Costco-branded liquors which they buy from distilleries and slap their own label on. That has the potential to be interesting, with all the vagueness and uncertainty which that term implies.

On the whole, prices seem to be a few percent higher than they were last month under the state-run system. The price you see on the shelf is not inclusive of the various taxes (as they were in the state-run stores), so by the time they do the math, a mid-shelf to top-shelf bottle will cost you a buck or five more. That might change over time.

Just a note on the 10,000' rule - I believe it's actually 10,000 feet of retail space specifically. Which eliminates even more stores.

As for finding Pacifique in Western WA - if you find yourself in Seattle, Metropolitan Market seems to stock it (and Marteau).

Just a note on the 10,000' rule - I believe it's actually 10,000 feet of retail space specifically. Which eliminates even more stores.

I believe you're correct, but as I understand it, there are also exemptions allowed, wherein even a store of under 10,000 square feet may sell liquor.

I think such a case would involve a rural area that doesn't have any stores with 10,000 square feet, or more, of retail space.

Figures. I go to place an order for Pacifique and catskill cellars is out. Not meant to buy today it appears. Sure DUNY has it, but it costs more. On top of that, got to pay NY sales tax since I'm here. Perhaps they will get restocked before I head home.

Relevant to Pacifique - I saw it at the Bayview Thriftway in Olympia, WA a few days ago. Even after the taxes, it's about the same price as it was prior to the privitization (sp?), which is significant because most things have gone up in cost about 5% to 10%.

Went to the new Total Wine & More in Bellevue, Washington. The do stock Pacifique and Voyager. However, the manager says they sold out in two days. Good news is they're ordering more tomorrow. I made a purchase there of something purported as being "absinthe" for the "Shelf of Shame" at the distillery....

Also, for those of you local to Pacific Distillery, or plan on being in the area, we are inviting you to a bottling party.

When? Saturday, July 21 and 28, at 11AM. PM or email me if interested.

We pillage and plunder whatever our dark hearts desire. :pirate:

Pacifique is proving to be very finicky for me. Don't think I've ever struggled with how much water and what temperature the water needs to be when preparing an absinthe before. It's good, just struggling to find the right way to go about this.

Using a slow drip, I got a very thin louche. Yesterday it was not so. Maybe my water was not cold enough.

Edited by greytail