The forum rules also state no trolling and keeping things on topic, so it's kind of ironic that after two pages of posts, the last useful post related to the topic is still the one I made with errors.

Posting simply for the sake of mocking and alienating each other is really not the best way to keep new users. I can’t speak for everyone here, but I actually came this to forum for information. Now that I see what kind of community this is… I’ll look elsewhere.

So yes, ha-ha-ha. What a joke.

If we lose a member every time I face-palm at Miguel, we're gonna run out of people really quick. :laugh: ;)

Seriously though, it's all in good fun.

Other rules which have been ignored by more experienced members:

6. Try To Stay On Topic

8. Be Hospitable.

Newcomers deserve our hospitality...

RE/Member beat me to the punch. While his original post could have been proofread a little better, I do have to agree that the response to it was, collectively speaking, not our best day as a Forum. In the future, perhaps a gentle PM asking folks to proofread their posts would be more appropriate than calling a new member out in a thread and ganging up on him.

@RE/Member: Most of the folks here truly are nice, including the folks in this thread who may have poked fun without keeping in mind that you're new here. I hope you give us all another chance.

To bring it back around to Pacifique - did you finish the bottling this past Saturday, Marc? You mentioned earlier that there may be one more bottling party to go.

I know I can't wait for the post-June 1st era to get into full swing.

I sure do miss Pacifique, up here in East Bumfuck.

To bring it back around to Pacifique - did you finish the bottling this past Saturday, Marc? You mentioned earlier that there may be one more bottling party to go.

Yes, we are having a bottling party this Saturday. Check our Facebook page for more info.

I sure do miss Pacifique, up here in East Bumfuck.

Because of the price, finding Pacifique in your neck-o-the woods may be challenging.

Regarding Pacifique, when it says "Montpeilier style", what exactly does that mean?

The recipe/process for Pacifique is exactly out of Duplais' Montpellier absinthe procedure.

Three cheers for book learning! And three cheers for the behind-the-scenes distiller magic that you work, too, Marc. I've no doubt that I could follow the same protocol and procedure for Pacifique as you do, and wind up with a big vat of disappointing swill fit only for the sink :laugh:

Regarding Pacifique, when it says "Montpeilier style", what exactly does that mean?

In addition to what's been said above, Duplais and DeBrevans (among others) are also where the other styles you hear thrown around these parts can be found (Pontarlier, Nimes, etc).

WS's page of historical distillation manuals

Oxy's page of historical distillation manuals

Enjoy!

Edited by Phoenix

Because of the price, finding Pacifique in your neck-o-the woods may be challenging.

Meaning it's too expensive, or inexpensive to attract the new privately owned outlets.

Normally, I would have assumed the former, but (at least under the present system) the price was quite reasonable, so I'm curious.

Could you expound a bit, Marc?

I guess they won't be carrying much in the way of single malt scotch, then. :rolleyes:

Any, I did not anticipate finding Pacifique in most grocery stores, although The Market™ seemed like the best bet there.

Are you saying that you don't think any of the former Class A liquor stores will be carrying Pacifque after privatization, simply because they'll no longer be under mandate to do so?

Damn, such a lack of taste and vision wouldn't surprise me, but it surely would suck big time.

I guess they won't be carrying much in the way of single malt scotch, then. :rolleyes:

Any, I did not anticipate finding Pacifique in most grocery stores, although The Market™ seemed like the best bet there.

Are you saying that you don't think any of the former Class A liquor stores will be carrying Pacifque after privatization, simply because they'll no longer be under mandate to do so?

Damn, such a lack of taste and vision wouldn't surprise me, but it surely would suck big time.

For the most part, absinthe (well real absinthe anyway) is an expensive commodity. Take California for example; how may fine scotches does your average Safeway carry? If a store thinks they can sell an expensive niche liquor, then they will stock it. For products such as real absinthe, which is both niche and expensive, the challenge of placement becomes greater. If you have upscale grocery stores or other suitable outlets, ask them to stock it. Just make sure you speak with a person who cares, and has the power to order a product. Our distributor (Vinum) has coverage of the entire State of Washington.

So I walked into The Market™ on this first day of liquor sales, not expecting to find much of a general selection, let alone my cherished Pacifique.

Lo and behold, there it was (the ONLY absinthe brand on the shelf, no less!). I gritted my teeth then, expecting the price to have gone up at least one third...but no, it actually had dropped seven bucks!

Needless to say, I very happily walked out with two bottles. :thumbup:

So I walked into The Market™ on this first day of liquor sales, not expecting to find much of a general selection, let alone my cherished Pacifique.

Lo and behold, there it was (the ONLY absinthe brand on the shelf, no less!). I gritted my teeth then, expecting the price to have gone up at least one third...but no, it actually had dropped seven bucks!

Which store exactly praytell?

:cheers: It makes me happy to read that, Abs. In southeast WA, there is no Pacifique to be found. The only absinthe I've seen at all is Lucid, and only one store carries it. I'm going to talk to the guy who bought the old state-run store.

Can someone briefly sum up the situation here? What laws have changed and why? I admit to ignorance on this issue but hope someone here can educate a guy living in a state where there are more liquor stores than there are tigers.

Which store exactly praytell?

I think there is only one Market left in Bellingham since the Fairhaven store closed, and that would be the Lakeway store at 1030 Lakeway Drive.

Edited by Absomphe

:cheers: It makes me happy to read that, Abs. In southeast WA, there is no Pacifique to be found. The only absinthe I've seen at all is Lucid, and only one store carries it. I'm going to talk to the guy who bought the old state-run store.

That's sad.

Theoretically, that would have meant that you didn't have any Class A state liquor stores, I think, since I was under the impression that they used to be mandated to carry Pacific Distillery products.

And, yes, definitely give that guy some encouragement.

My understanding is this. No more small buisness stores like catskill cellars. Just state liquor stores or grocery stores. That correct?

Edited by greytail

No.

It used to be only state liquor stores.

Now it's grocery stores, large liquor stores, medium sized liquor stores, small liquor stores.

Whatever setup the potential retailer thinks will make for a sustainable enterprise, I think, although I'm not certain about convenience stores. I know there's a minimum square footage involved and I think it's 10,000, so if a convenience store were that large, it would be able to carry hard liquor.

Edited by Absomphe