Unless those protesters get their way, and the whole privatization thing gets overturned.*

*Not that I believe there's a ghost's chance in hell of that happening, mind you.

You're kidding me, right?

???

Do you mean that you're surprised DUNY is out of stock, or surprised that the question came up since you mentioned the succession of bottling parties which are happening this month? I'm asking because DUNY have stopped stocking a number of things over the years I like, and I'm curious if Pacifique is likewise not going to be available any more [from DUNY, I mean].

[Edited for clarity, in case that's what Greytail's comment below refers to.]

Edited by Jay

Did I ask a dumb question? I was just wondering why DUNY hasn't had Pacifique in stock for a while. Catskill Cellars has it.

Edited by crow

"Eric, remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Mackey, Southpark

Crow, I'm just as confused as you are, which is why I was asking Zman for clarification. Whatever happens, I've no doubt we'll all be able to laugh about this in a few years. :laugh:

Right. My last comment was referring to Zman's reaction. He seemed surprised to hear that DUNY is out of stock and has been for a while. At least that's how I read it.

He gets that surprised look when he reads that his booze isn't where it's supposed to be.

I'd do the same. YIKES!!! ;)

Drink up, he'll build more. :)

I'll do my part, I just got a new bottle a couple days ago from Catskill Cellars. Yummmmm.

Right. My last comment was referring to Zman's reaction. He seemed surprised to hear that DUNY is out of stock and has been for a while. At least that's how I read it.

I was a little surprised. I keep forgetting that no matter how hard my distributors work to keep Voyager and Pacifique out there, sometimes there are things beyond our control. Such is life. I'm sure that DUNY will be full of stock in the next few weeks.

You'll be happy to know that I tasted a handful of characters at the bar last night, all of which exhibited very discerning palates. The absinthes, in order, were Duplais Blanche, Pacifique, Marteau AdlBE, and Blues Cat. When asked which they wanted again after we tasted them all the answer was Pacifique.

I tasted a handful of characters at the bar last night

I'm sure I'm reading that wrong.

I was a little surprised. I keep forgetting that no matter how hard my distributors work to keep Voyager and Pacifique out there, sometimes there are things beyond our control. Such is life. I'm sure that DUNY will be full of stock in the next few weeks.

So that's what prompted the surprise! I'm glad to know it's just a little blip and that DUNY will continue to carry Pacifique. Oh, and good luck with the bottling party today! :cheers:

I tasted a handful of characters at the bar last night

I'm sure I'm reading that wrong.

Well now that you put it that way, I guess I said it wrong.

It comes from the verb "tasted", meaning "to administer a tasting sample to" that results from being in the trade.

I'd have more confidence in the results of a blind test.

Blindfold the characters.

<---- or the taster.

Or both. ;)

Edited by Artemis

Must be nice to know the world loves your products so much that vendors can't always keep them in stock. Good for you!

And... after a long day of gardening I'm sitting down with a good book and a Pacifique right NOW.

:cheers:

I was lucky enough to have Pacifique on the shelves of our local liquor stores up until this month. I was happy to nab a couple of bottles at the 30% or so discount that WA state had on it, but it's sad to think what the selection may include now that Costco, Walmart, and et. al will determine what's sold in this state.

Fortunately, I'm moving back to Portland, OR this year, where the taxes are lower and the selection of booze is wider! (Marc - any word on if Pacifique will be available in Portland anytime soon?)

Off the top my head, Portland has like five liquor stores that keep Pacifique stocked, four of which are Downtown. Seen it being served in a few bars as well. I've been picking up a bottle once or twice a month for about a year now and have never had any problems finding one. Our absinthe selection is a little low, but you'll certainly find no shortage of Pacifque here.

Edited by RE/Member

So we're gonna turn our nose up to grammatical errors on a forum about alcohol? Such a clever and classy way of throwing a thread off topic. Remind me to get the red carpet ready if anyone plans on visiting Portland. It'd be an honor to have all our mistakes pointed out while drinking.

You obviously haven't been here for very long...better get used to us giving each other a hard time about it. Also, The Rules:

Please be thoughtful and make an effort to use proper punctuation, capitalization, spelling and grammar. Since this isn't a real-time, teen chat room, you have the time to check for errors as well as the ability to edit a post once it's made.

Using good writing habits is courteous and projects a more credible image of the writer. People who appear to be illiterate are seldom taken seriously. Safari users can go to Edit > Spelling > Check Spelling As You Type. Firefox checks spelling automatically.