It is an American thing. French influence in North America was not as much after the French revolution, so many american still identify the Lily with France. That last influential French ruler to have an impact on the USA was Napoleon Bonaparte. In Texas, the French Royal flag is still considered one of the flags of Texas.

In short, it is for Americans to link the lineage of the recepie back to France. Most Americans would simply be confused by a rooster.

I will not judge the product of a colleague, it's not my role.

But I can say that this is not a product that feels the hack, everything indicates that it is a maceration followed by distillation, followed by a natural color with a small Absinthe first quality.

This distiller focuses on quality!

One note though: Why still the lily on the label for a recipe of 1855?

A french flag or a French Imperial Eagle would be more appropriate! :-)

Thanks for the kind words Phil. As for the lily, the US Government will not allow another country's flag to be used.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but has the formula for Pacifique changed at all recently? The last two bottles I had (yes, I go through a bit of Pacifique) seemed ever so slightly different. Is that just variation between production batches?

Still the best absinthe for the price, hands down; and easily one of my top five. Keep it up!

As with all products made in small batches with whole herbs, there will be slight variations from batch-to-batch. We have not changed the process, herb bill, or anything else in Pacifique's production. Most of the differences are from herb variance from year-to-year.

As with all products made in small batches with whole herbs, there will be slight variations from batch-to-batch. We have not changed the process, herb bill, or anything else in Pacifique's production. Most of the differences are from herb variance from year-to-year.

Thanks - I figured as much, but I just wanted to check. It's a wonderful absinthe.

This is from the menu at Preservation Kitchen:

PACIFIQUE ABSINTHE MENU

Absinthe is a distilled herbal spirit flavored with wormwood, anise and other herbs. Its flavor is similar to

licorice. It is bottled at a high proof and sold as an extract or concentrate, intended to be diluted with iced water and taken as a cool, refreshing aperitif.

Yes, real absinthe is legal.  

No, you will not hallucinate or go crazy.

Kinda cracked me up. :)

It is kinda sad how much of the miss information is still floating around. I end up enlightening people quite often, then telling them to buy some Pacifique and visit this site...

Thanks for sharing the video, as a newcomer to the scene I tried the Pacifique for the first time yesterday on my new fountain and it was wonderful. Later that night I pulled out another brand and did a side by side taste test using the rating sheet from this forum and Pacifique was easily the better choice. Really enjoying this new found interest.

It was my first real absinthe after trying something bad. It is often what I select when introducing friends to absinthe, for the reasons stated in the previous posts.

Many of them have gone on to buy their own bottles.

How much fun is that? I'd love to have Murray make an Absinthe Julep for me! :cheers:

Nest time you guys are out, we'll have to try to entice Marc to come to the city for a beverage at Canon.

How much fun is that? I'd love to have Murray make an Absinthe Julep for me! :cheers:

Nest time you guys are out, we'll have to try to entice Marc to come to the city for a beverage at Canon.

I am just 1-1/2 hours north let me know, it sounds like fun!

For those of you in the Seattle area, or those that will be this Saturday, February 25. We are having a bottling party and you are invited to attend and partake in the bottling. We start at 11AM and it runs until about 230PM. When all is said and done we sit down to lunch and drinks. PM or email me.

Cheers,

Marc

Just wanted to point out that Pacifique is a close-out special in Washington state liquor stores, and is selling for $48. Needless to say, the bottles are going fast.

Just wanted to point out that Pacifique is a close-out special in Washington state liquor stores, and is selling for $48. Needless to say, the bottles are going fast.

Ah, I was wondering why one of the local stores took ALL of their bottles off of the shelves several weeks ago (before this close-out deal began). Thanks for the tip on this, Pete. It's a sad state of affairs for liquor-loving ladies and gents in WA state these days as the shelves run dry, but such is the ebb and flow.

Think I'll go play

by the Police and shrug it off.

No and no. With the passing of I-1183, Washington State is getting out of the liquor business. So, they are no longer purchasing products from Pacific Distillery. Both Pacifique and Voyager are being closed out before the June 1st deadline for the state to quit all sales.

That being said, we have a well-connected distributor (Vinum) and hopefully many Washington retail outlets will carry our products on June 1st. Beginning tomorrow, Vinum will be able to supply bars/restaurants in Washington all of Pacific Distillery's products.

We are very much in business. If worse comes to worst, feel free to order online. I try to update our Facebook page with news as it comes.

Cheers,

Marc