density

Obsello Absenta

What a relief it was to see that your link wasn't actually the title of a musical comedy you'd penned during your exuberant youth, and dragged out of the mothballs. :biggrin:

The Obsello Reserve sounds pretty damned yummy, as well.

I hope that eventually becomes as widely available.

shucks and I'm still working at dropping enough hints to get my friends to pick up a bottle of the basic Obsello for me to try, now I need to start prompting them to think about the special reserve Obsello!

I did get one of them to pick up a bottle of Clandestine recently, and I think I've got a different friend about primed to buy a bottle of Obsello. I'm starting to work on a third friend to buy the Leopold. I'm not sure how far I can get this list of friends to extend, so lets stop the list of good absinthes coming into the country right there.

Or not.

Just ordered my first Obsello bottle from DrinkUP NY. I had to order my Blanche Fougerolles from Absinthe Online since Lion doesn't ship 70% or higher anymore - per the reason they took it out of my cart. pfft.

drinkupny.com and absintheonline.com FTWs (that's plural)

Just ordered my first Obsello bottle from DrinkUP NY. I had to order my Blanche Fougerolles from Absinthe Online since Lion doesn't ship 70% or higher anymore - per the reason they took it out of my cart. pfft.

drinkupny.com and absintheonline.com FTWs (that's plural)

Hey Guys,

Its been a while since I last posted anything here. We have been so busy with the expansion into New Orleans, the Gin launch (see barcelonagin.com) and the special edition Obsello. I thought I should offer an update:

TTB now takes 2-3 months to approve an absinthe... so the special edition is... LATE. The one up side is it will be about 6-7 months old when it hits the market. I am not going to make it more expensive. However there will only be 1500 of them and they will all go through DUNY and each bottle will be numbered and signed.

I am so excited that there is so much talk about it!!!

I am also excited to say I have not seen the infamous blog troll quoting me out of context lately.

And Tayker thanks for the order! Each one means a lot to us. Please let me know what you think of it.

Cheers,

B. Alex

Esmeralda Distillery

Hmmm, what is this "Special Edition" absinthe you speak of? I'm a fan of absenta and excited by the prospects!

Mmmm. More gin. :cheers: Juniper trees? Trees? Our Juniper never gets over three feet tall. Delicious stuff but no one would call them trees.

Talk more, B. Alex.

Hmmm, what is this "Special Edition" absinthe you speak of?

As I recall, Brian mentioned the Special Reserve awhile back, and it sounded kinda special, indeed.

Yes. I had occasion to try some when we met up in Madrid (post 211 of this thread for pic). I loved it. I'm excited to see what it will taste like with the additional aging.

As for the gin, if it's anything like what I tried, the stuff is gonna ROCK. I was elated to see the advertisement for it in this month's edition of Imbibe! Page 9.

And Tayker thanks for the order! Each one means a lot to us. Please let me know what you think of it.

Cheers,

B. Alex

Esmeralda Distillery

I like it. I'm on my second glass, but there's 2 things that I have to overcome, and one of them is personal preference. The personal preference is the wax - I don't like wax, except for candles. My bottle didn't have that string I see on some bottles, so I had to use a knife.

The only other off putting thing is the aroma, which reminds me of Le Tourment Vert - I still haven't recovered from the little bit I tried.

I do like the complex flavors in Obsello, which I'm still trying to decipher. I definitely taste the floral and hint of spicy flavors. I'm still savoring the finish because it tastes clean, but I can't put my finger on what else I'm sensing. My brain is having a problem because on one hand I sense a mint but then there's a lavender-ish to it too.

$40? Woah, I need to shop at that store!

I've just about finished up my bottle of Obsello, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. It was the first brand I've tried in a year that I actually prefer with sugar, so my spoons are no longer collecting dust, either :mbanana: !

$40? Woah, I need to shop at that store!

I've just about finished up my bottle of Obsello, and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. It was the first brand I've tried in a year that I actually prefer with sugar, so my spoons are no longer collecting dust, either :mbanana: !

I'm fairly certain it was $40 at DUNY, but I'm dumb. Also, I found Obsello too sweet with sugar. Interesting. I love this drink for about a thousand reasons; one being how almost everyone experiences it differently!

Another recent Obsello fan who sugars it, here--but I'm a sugarer almost all the time. I really like tasting the Obsello up to an hour after finishing the glass.

The more absinthes I try the more my "sugar habits" vary. I have a suspicion that with the better absinthes I'll be using less sugar. For example, with VP, the taste is so interesting that sugar just coats everything and stifles the experience. And with something like Obsello, it's so naturally sweet--to me at least--that sugar erases the subtlety of it. Absinthe is a strange and peculiar thing, and I freaking love it!

Absinthe is a strange and peculiar thing, and I freaking love it!

Meh, it's ok for an everyday drink I suppose. *yawn*

Cheers!

Teehehe