density

Obsello Absenta

I ordered a second bottle today. :cheers:

That's not a bad idea!

I'm sure I will when my order for La Clandestine is placed.

That's the reason I placed the order today. Two bottles in one box are far less conspicuous. :devil:

The Obsello and CLB can travel together. You should always travel with a partner. B)

hada Helado would be "Ice cream fairy"

But hada helada does mean frozen fairy right?

I like the Hada fria.

I was throwing around names that play off of one of my favorite non-alcoholic Spanish summer drinks, the Granizado, but all I could come up with was granihada. :laugh:

I've been sipping on my Obsello for a week or so now. I can taste the mint, but I don't necessarily think that's a turn-off. There is a powerful mish-mash of flavor in there that blew my brains out the first time I tasted it, but I've gotten used to that now and actually kind of like it. The louche is entertaining to watch too.

Some may be turned off by the low alcohol, but I'm not. In fact, it gave me the opportunity to try something.

Back in the days of the "ban" when I was making my own goofy wormwood liqueurs, i used to sometimes just drink them on ice in the summer. They didn't louche so there was no point in doing the whole ritual and with the Texas heat, something strong on ice always tastes good.

Without the brutal 70% alcohol, I was able to drop the Obsello over some ice and sip it without my nose catching on fire. The louche activity with just the Absinthe reacting to the ice was actually pretty darn cool. Letting it sit for a few minutes and the sip it as I sat outside watching the weather was an enjoyable experience.

I'd try that. Believe it or not, absinthe goes really well with fruit juices. It was an ingredient in a lot of early tiki style drinks. Goes great with rum and pineapple.

Wow what a month :yahoo: . I just came back from a blitz tour of the United States and am pleased to announce that we successfully launched in Vegas, and LA (and a few secret venues in NY). I am tired!!!!

Wow. You suck.

KIDDING! :laugh:

I'm just bitter from playing the waiting game. Marteau is still a few weeks out it looks like.

Thanks Shabba for re-reviewing the Obsello. It is amazing what a few minor tweaks can do to an absinthe.

It most certainly is. Looks like it's being very well received. I'm looking forward to trying it. Congratulations! :cheers:

I'd try that. Believe it or not, absinthe goes really well with fruit juices.

I bet single malt Scotch goes really well with some soda pops, too.

I ordered a second bottle today. :cheers:

Gracias!!!! :wave2:

My first bottle is on its way. Should be at my door either Monday or Tuesday.

Looking forward to it!

The Obsello and CLB can travel together. You should always travel with a partner. B)

That's what I did! Now I'm depressed that the delay in shipping the CLB is holding up my Obsello!

Case in point: Monkey Gland.

Whipped up a couple for Baubel and Daniel Thursday evening. Tasty!

Those were some tasty monkey glands T, but who's Daniel Thursday? I don't remember him.

I'd try that. Believe it or not, absinthe goes really well with fruit juices. It was an ingredient in a lot of early tiki style drinks. Goes great with rum and pineapple.

Wow what a month :yahoo: . I just came back from a blitz tour of the United States and am pleased to announce that we successfully launched in Vegas, and LA (and a few secret venues in NY). I am tired!!!!

Wow. You suck.

KIDDING! :laugh:

I'm just bitter from playing the waiting game. Marteau is still a few weeks out it looks like.

Thanks Shabba for re-reviewing the Obsello. It is amazing what a few minor tweaks can do to an absinthe.

It most certainly is. Looks like it's being very well received. I'm looking forward to trying it. Congratulations! :cheers:

I understand the frustration very well. I went through the same game for ages and actually debated changing the name from Obsello to Frustration. In the end we scraped that idea since ordering a glass of frustration did not sound very good.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Things have been hectic over here. I am eager to try Martreau as well. Is the American version out yet? Does it differ considerably from the Swiss version?

I have been reading a great deal of excited blog posts about the product and must say I do not look forward to the expert competition. I quite enjoy the status quo ;)

Cheers,

B. Alex

Initial impressions of the Obsello: far more "vegetal" than I expected, and much moreso than the CLB. I didn't sugar it, and may have not had the right balance of water and absinthe, but it was pretty strong compared to what I expected. I will be trying it again, perhaps even sugaring it, because my initial taste wasn't under optimal circumstances (I was on vacation, and didn't have my usual glass or dripper, and I can't be certain of the local water quality).

Still, beautiful color, nice presentation - once I got through the wax seal...

I'm late to the party as usual, but I broke down and ordered a bottle of Obsello this morning. Fed Ex sent my my shipping notice a few minutes ago. Wooo hooooo! I haven't had any new absinthes for a few months. Looking forward to trying something different.

I can pick a lock faster then I can uncork a bottle of Obsello.

But damn it's good.

The trick is not to try to remove the wax, but rather just slice through it at the right point. A sharp pair of scissors works nicely.

Shoot, I just got my cork screw and stuck it through the wax into the cork and ripped the guts out. I was a tiny bit over amxious and didn't think. I replaced the ruined T-cork with a new one. :blush:

As always, there's more to the story. :cheers:

Ever since The Abyss, I've been opening all my wax sealed bottles that way.

Nothing like a little barbaric enthusiasm, I always say, especially if one has a generous stash of spare T-corks on hand.

Sorry about your cork...

I originally had opening instructions on the side of the label... but we needed the space for that stinking government warning.

The picking a lock line was really funny. I have been working on a gin and I am a little worried about the general drinking audience having some issues with this.

Cheers,

B. Alex