density

Obsello Absenta

After reading the two reviews for Obsello, I am interested in trying it. Hopefully, it will make it to the States soon.

I gotta say, I was expecting more mint after reading the comments. It's there, but it's not overpowering to me. I'd like less mint, but I don't mind what's in here.

I could drink this regularly.

I too could drink this regularly, and hope to soon!

So the vanilla flavor is actually from the Wormwood?? I'm not doubting you, it's just a shock. Have I been drinking under a rock or is this a new innovation?

I'm finishing my last glass of Obsello as I type this and I'm missing it already...

I gotta say, I was expecting more mint after reading the comments.

I'll be getting a new sample soon, so I'll review it properly. This is very strange cause the sample we tried that night was bad, could have been the sample itself that was screwed or the evening :drunk:

I too could drink this regularly, and hope to soon!

So the vanilla flavor is actually from the Wormwood?? I'm not doubting you, it's just a shock. Have I been drinking under a rock or is this a new innovation?

I'm finishing my last glass of Obsello as I type this and I'm missing it already...

Sorry for the tardy response. Things have been hectic here.

To answer your question regarding the vanilla flavor. I don't want to go into this in to much detail because I spent years figuring it out. However there are a lot of variables in the distillation process.

What I found was that if I deviated from conventional wisdom in a few areas I got radically different results from the plants involved. For example I was able to make anise turn into a cinnamon sting in one batch. In another I got a fantastic honey finish (this turned out to be very illusive and difficult to recreate) and in another I got the vanilla flavor from the wormwood which I ultimately decided to go with.

I loved the cinnamon and the honey as well and may experiment with them one day. I found the vanilla to be a subtle addition in the same general flavor profile so I went with it. It is amazing how many individual flavors can be obtained from these same ingredients (which is why I love absinthe more than any other distilled beverage).

I am tempted to do a christmas edition every year that is totally different but uses the same formula. Though our marketing people may kill this idea?

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

-B. Alex

Macaques that study the streams of the heavens have descended upon a city once ruled by Saracen pirates. To the south lies a Desert called Colorado and around the plates sit sultans, eagles, geese, and lakes of honey.

Your first clue begins with a beverage made from coca for which there would be no waver.

Cheers,

B. Alex

Bullhead City?

I'm not sure how the pirates and stars fit in, but the beverage seems to be Red Bull Cola and the city seems to fit the rest of the puzzle.

You've really got me intrigued. I've just spent the last half hour looking up stuff and thinking about this. It's all very mystical.

Well the Colorado Desert is actually in Southern CA, it's where the Salton Sea is. Just north of that would be Palm Springs, Indio, Desert Hot Springs, etc.

Macaques that study the streams of the heavens have descended upon a city once ruled by Saracen pirates. To the south lies a Desert called Colorado and around the plates sit sultans, eagles, geese, and lakes of honey.

Your first clue begins with a beverage made from coca for which there would be no waver.

Cheers,

B. Alex

Ok, I will have a stab at it.

If the Colorado Desert lies to the south, could B. Alex be referring to Las Vegas north of the desert. Does streams of the heavens have something to do with the fact that Vegas is the only city visible from space due to all the lights? Have no idea what macaques have to do with it...wait ...monkeys...flying monkeys? Whole hoards of monkeys needed for delivery!

The Spanish named Las Vegas but they are hardly Saracen pirates are they?

Around the plates..... plates as in tectonics? Lakes of honey... Lake Mead outside of Las Vegas? Sultans, eagles, geese? Don't know.

So is Obsello rolling out in Las Vegas near the big Coca Cola bottle? Or maybe he is going to secretly fill it with Obsello for a publicity stunt.

That's it, I need another glass....

The "macaques that study the streams of the heavens" must be the flying monkeys, if you assume the streams refer to air streams. Yes Lake Mead must be the lake of honey. The reference to four plates could mean four states receiving the initial introduction? The sultans would be CA, the eagles AZ, the lake of honey NV, and I'm guessing the geese refers to OR or WA (unless it's also being introduced to Canada).

The coca beverage clue is odd. Is "waver" referring to "waiver", or is it referring to someone who waves?

I'm thinking it says that DHL Global Forwarding has landed in Atlanta with a big shipment of Obsello, which will be truck freighted to LA for a grand introduction.

North of Colorado Desert which is in the south of CA.

Eagles could be many things... Eagles as in The Eagles - the music group.

Or... If I'm not wrong, there was an eagles breeding program at the S.F zoo a while back...

Sultans... hmmm. That must be Sultans of Swing. the Swinging community... S.F is rather sexually lax, eh.. HA HA There are also a multitde of restaurants named Sultan in S.F...

Plates could be the cause of the earth-quake center S.F is...

Hell, I don't know.. S.F just felt good.

There is/was a World of Coca-Cola exhibit/store in Las Vegas next to MGM Grand, I haven't been there in awhile though!

I wonder if it could mean Obsello is having it's U.S. debut in Las Vegas somewhere nearby...

OK so cats out of the bag today. Markus you were closest so I guess that makes you the winner.

Macaques that study the streams of the heavens are the "flying monkeys" or more accurately a few very large monkeys. Macaques are a special Spanish monkey that live on the island of Gibraltar.

Saracen pirates (old european word for Muslim) were from Barbados. Our city in question was once known as the Barbary coast.

Colorado desert was a name used by the conquistadores for Southern California.

plates are tectonic and around California you will find the Saltan Sea, Eagle lake, Goose lake, and honey lake.

Cheers,

B. Alex

P.S. NY will follow soon!

OK

The beverage clue was a little tricky. The answer is a cola waver. It is a document that allows you to import alcoholic beverages into the USA. Get it coca cola and waver. It was a clue that we had the document in hand.

Note: The first bottles will hit San Francisco shelves in approximately 3 hours.

Cheers,

B.

Note: The first bottles will hit San Francisco shelves in approximately 3 hours.

Woohoo! :yahoo:

Any chance someone like drinkupny will carry you soon?