density

Obsello Absenta

Thanks for all the welcomes again, and thanks for the reviews guys!

A picture is worth a thousand words.

-Good night!

P.S. One apology in advance. The first run of bottles had a black ink problem. We got our hands on almost all of them and swapped them out for good labels. However Spirits Corner sold theirs before we could get the new ones to them. So if you got one I apologize in advance.

Give me a plate full of nice, thick fries with one half covered in ketchup and the other half in peri-peri. When the peri-peri gets too hot, I switch to the ketchup side for a while.

:dribble:

P.S. One apology in advance. The first run of bottles had a black ink problem. We got our hands on almost all of them and swapped them out for good labels. However Spirits Corner sold theirs before we could get the new ones to them. So if you got one I apologize in advance.

Sweet maybe I will have a limited edition FUBAR label :cheers:

Sometimes, our Editor/Review Pro gets caught up in RL. We tried to talk him out of it but he insisted on making enough money to eat, keep the kid in food and buy new booze. What can you do?

OK I am going home for a little RR! I have got to figure out a way to make this still run faster.

Dr. Love, thanks for writing the review. I hope you liked it! Assuming you did I have something I am making for you. However it wont be ready for some time ;) .

Cheers,

B. Alex

Nah. Sometimes I like to see people squirm. :laugh:

It's up now.

You tease! :pirate: Review is up!

OK I am going home for a little RR! I have got to figure out a way to make this still run faster.

Dr. Love, thanks for writing the review. I hope you liked it! Assuming you did I have something I am making for you. However it wont be ready for some time ;) .

Cheers,

B. Alex

I did like it, interesting take on absinthe that was definitely different than what I've had before, thank you for the contribution to my palate! I look forward to your future creations.

Thanks for the review Dr. Love!

I really enjoyed reading this and appreciate the difficulty in rating it. I wanted to follow upon a few things you said because I thought you might find it interesting to know a little more about what you were drinking.

"Instead I was then greeted with a creamy vanilla, and a mouth feel that was thicker than I expected."... "less of it and a touch more wormwood character"

Believe it or not these two things are deeply related. Years ago I made an absinthe that I considered very good and traditional. However when I had it analyzed it had very low quantities of the component (which name I will not mention for fear of being quoted out of context AGAIN by the czechsinthe bloggers). I was aiming at duplicating the levels of historic brands. When I changed a part of the process from the understood norm (I suspect an incorrect part of it) to what I would have done were I one of the pre-ban distillers and amazing thing happened. The unnamed component shot up to the target level and the flavor I knew as wormwood changed into a creamy vanilla/honey taste. Believe it or not that vanilla and mouth feel you were writing about is wormwood, and a lot of it.

"Mint in general is such a strong flavor, that I can imagine it was difficult to regulate"...

"Color (4 points): A light natural green. Clear and free of sediment. Very attractive and natural looking. It could have been slightly brighter and more vibrant in color"

Yea... difficult to regulate is an understatement. Scaling this from 10 liter tests to commercial scale was not so easy. I have it worked out now, but, batch number one was slightly erratic and I dare say a touch minty and a touch pale.

At any rate I am glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers,

B. Alex

Sounds like nice stuff.

I find the color contrast of the yellow/orange louched Obsello photo on your site, and the mostly minty-green shade of the pic on the WS site to be a bit puzzling. I realize that lighting can account for variations in tone, but the difference in this case seems particularly dramatic.