density

Obsello Absenta

Just got a bottle and had to try it so we poured a half each.

The reason we were so eager is because there is a ton of sediment in our bottle...you can see it floating around. It also has that olive oil color.

Don't know if we got "lucky" and got one of the aged bottles or not.

Either way, Christy is in love. She is a slow drinker and I turned around and hers was gone.

I noted a real softness but it also had a chocolatey smell and taste. Real mellow and quite nice.

Well done, amazing price point too.

I bought my first bottle of Obsello a couple of weeks ago and it's quickly become one of my favorites.

Got my first bottle of Obsello yesterday. Opened the bottle and the spicy aroma came bursting out into the immediate vicinity. Man this stuff is tasty. Overwatered the first glass but a 3:1 ratio seems just right.(will experiment more on that later). Shares flavor and mouthfeel similarities with Vieux Carre. It definitely seems to have a different buzz to it than any other absinthe i've had as of yet. Well pleased to add another fine product to my list of tried and liked absinthes. Good job Obsello Absenta.

Edited by Songcatcher

I suppose this post is a bit overdue.

Several years ago we sold the distillery in Spain and moved back to our native California. But before we closed the doors we shipped out a large quantity of absinthe. Slowly over the past several years the stocks have depleted and yes that means the inventory floating around is aged several years (hence the sediment in the bottle a few people mentioned).

I thought I would pass along this closely guarded secret because - as of today - there are only 30 cases left in the warehouse and I wanted to make sure they went to people who would appreciate them.

Now before this post gets too somber I should point out that when we moved back to California we built a rather kick ass distillery AND we will be bringing Obsello back to life - though it will be a uniquely new world spin on the original (the first new incarnation of the last lost absinthe style).

Just for a bit of entertainment I included a photo of some of the new stills. These are for the peated single malt. I am proud to say I made them from scratch.

Cheers,

Bryan

post-2064-1342755234_thumb.jpg

I'm glad to hear you're coming back into the game with some shiny new equipment, Bryan. Obsello was always a welcome treat on a hot summer day, and hopefully in your new (world) home you can bump the ABV % up a little bit. If you don't mind me throwing a little subjective suggestion into the mix :wave2:

I'm glad to hear you're coming back into the game with some shiny new equipment, Bryan. Obsello was always a welcome treat on a hot summer day, and hopefully in your new (world) home you can bump the ABV % up a little bit. If you don't mind me throwing a little subjective suggestion into the mix :wave2:

I've been thinking about it. I am drinking the prototype untouched at 68% right now and I actually like it neat! So I think it would work out well at a higher ABV.

Whoa. I'm out of Obsello right now and was going to wait a bit before buying more, but... I'm sure their new mix will be wonderful, but I need to stock up on some of the old stuff before it disappears. DUNY here I come...

Edited by crow

Nice! Outdoor distillin'?

Why not? It got us around a whole bunch of regulations! So we planted a japanese garden and plopped the still down in the middle of it.

P.S. If any one is into peated single malts check out the new distillery at

www.lostspirits.net

The absinthe distilling area is under construction right now!

Edited by Obsello

Does an outdoor still need a flintlock musket as mandatory decor? And do you have a modified Dodge Charger to bring your moonshine to market past the Man? ;)

Does an outdoor still need a flintlock musket as mandatory decor? And do you have a modified Dodge Charger to bring your moonshine to market past the Man? ;)

Meet Flintlock and Musket - the distillery guard dogs. Hmm maybe not the most intimidating picture :dry:

post-2064-1342811972_thumb.jpg

Wonderful to hear from you!

The talk of this Peated Single Malt has me drooling a bit.

There's also a gin that I have a sample of with some ties to Obsello, any word on that?