density

Obsello Absenta

She is actually a fan who decided to do the green fairy shoot for us. It was quite orgasmic and a lot of fun. We had a booth at the bar and night club show in vegas and she made a guest appearance (dressed as the librarian).

Damn librarians.

She is actually a fan who decided to do the green fairy shoot for us. It was quite orgasmic and a lot of fun. We had a booth at the bar and night club show in vegas and she made a guest appearance (dressed as the librarian).

Damn librarians.

:laf: :laf: :laf:

Very funny on the "organic" to "orgasmic" swap... I was paying attention.

Ordered my first bottle of Obsello last night after goin through this extremely entertaining thread. Can't wait to get it!

The spoon is amazing! Looks like a real piece of art. Hopefully in the future I will be able to pick one up.

Ordered my first bottle of Obsello last night after goin through this extremely entertaining thread. Can't wait to get it!

The spoon is amazing! Looks like a real piece of art. Hopefully in the future I will be able to pick one up.

Thank you so much!

I designed the spoon. I am working on customizing a fountain to match as well! :)

The bottle arrived here about an hour ago... sadly I would probably lose my job if I attempted to sample it right now ;)

Looking forward to trying it tonight. I would attempt to post a review but I lack the refined palette and the vocabulary to adequately review anything!

:cheers:

Edited by PTAaron

If you check out the evaluation sheet, there is no need to be a connoisseur in order to post a solid review! Just go step by step, and let your taste do the rest.

Check out the review tutorial.

For a brief moment of seriousness:

I would second Ron on this. You will learn to appreciate different absinthes (or any spirit) by doing this. I also often find myself taking the side of less "sophisticated" pallets. For example (I wont talk about other proper absinthes for obvious reasons) I favor Octamore over any single malt I have personally tasted. However, many more entrenched professionals in the whisky arena will argue that it is not what they have come to define as a proper malt. To me it is from the new connoisseurs, without the baggage, that we inspire innovation and creativity.

Viva la revista!

Just wanted to say I'm very glad to see obsello posting on facebook again! it'd been a while! And good news is I found a different retailer in my city with your fine product even cheaper than the amazing 39.99 I found with a closer store at 36.99! I was green with envy! ( Sorry, hadda). Let's just hope a job will pop up and allow me to snag up their stock of obsello before they come to their senses and start selling at a higher price!

I took a bit of a break from the social media stuff to focus on the less glamorous side of the business. I am glad to be back to the part I love as well!!!

$36.99 WOW Where did you find it at that price? I hope these are not some sort of strange counterfeits or bottles sold out of window displays (sunlight contamination)? There was a palette stolen some time ago (long story).

Cheers,

Bryan

Sorry for the excessively long delay, had a stupid problem that the fine members of the ws helped me fix.

The liquor store in question prides itself on cheapest prices, and the place I bought your fine product from originally was selling it for 39.99, so you can see why it's so cheap- undercutting competition. A shame on the palette, but when your product is this good, you might want to double down on security. =P

A shame on the palette, but when your product is this good, you might want to double down on security. =P

We are looking into distribution in armored cars ;)

It was actually an inside job (long story).

Thanks Spectator! We greatly appreciate the support!!!

I am working on customizing a fountain to match as well! :)

I'm very interested in seeing what it will look like. :thumbup:

Thanks Spectator! We greatly appreciate the support!!!

Serves you right, Mr. Quality Product... :cheers:

It's due to land tomorrow, but I won't be able to pick it up for two more days. *sigh*

Verbose opinion will follow.

I am working on customizing a fountain to match as well! :)

I'm very interested in seeing what it will look like. :thumbup:

Ditto, I was taken aback by the spoon, I was really impressed. Don't get me wrong, Belle Epoque accessories and accouterments are fine and good and all, but sometimes I think it promotes a very strangulating quality within the community. No room for creativity to breathe when you only try to reproduce yesterday's artifacts. It was good to see the obsello spoon do its own thing, and damn well at that.

Sorry, that's the " artist"/absinthe revolutionary within me speaking out of turn. =P

Edited by iamsolidsnake

I hope a new post after my last one won't be out of line-

Snapped up a new bottle yesterday for the great price of 39.58 after tax at aforementioned competing liquor store. Cracking it open in a bit, I don't assume it'll last the day =P

Any news on the special edition's availability stateside?

I am finding myself reaching for my bottle of Obsello more than anything else. The price definitely makes this a relatively guilt free daily drinker. I'm pretty sure that I'll be ordering several more bottles.

The wax really is a bastard though. I did such a pitiful job of unwrapping that I had to go after it with a razor blade and a micro precision screwdriver. Now, the cork in combination with the wax that is left looks very much like Darth Vader's helmet.

That being said though, I wouldn't change the wax... It's classy.

I like to refer to one of my favorite things ever said by my graphic design teacher, who otherwise is pretty staunch on guidelines- Sometimes you have to say screw the rules/conventions. The blacked out champagne bottle is sexy, and the package altogether just reeks of professionalism. I just wish where I bought the last bottle left the tags on like on my first bottle. The small ornaments fill the last nine yards. Then again, I'm a brand/identity nerd.

What's all this about the wax? A good steak knife cuts right through it! Granted, 5 minutes is a bit much to get at the good stuff, but hey, it could be worse, you could be getting absente within. At least the prize in the bottle is worth it. :cheers:

I really enjoy Obsello. The most recent batch however tastes a lot different to me.

It seems a lot sweeter that in had in the past. I am not sure if the recipe has changed?

Obsello has always seemed on the sweeter side to me, and it's one I generally tell people to skip the sugar on if they are the kind who sugar. I had a really funky bottle once, but it was an anomaly. I've generally had nothing but good things to say about it!

I really enjoy Obsello. The most recent batch however tastes a lot different to me.

It seems a lot sweeter that in had in the past. I am not sure if the recipe has changed?

Hey Guys,

I have been working on a new project and running around like crazy.

The formula is the same. However, the raw materials have changed over time. Since the wormwood makes up so much of the mash where it is grown really impacts the final product. Wormwood grown in hot climates makes a much sweeter tasting absinthe.

There is also one palette in the last container that I had laying around the distillery for 1.5 years. It also had a bit different character. You'll know if you found this one because it will come out of the bottle almost brown.

I could have blended all this stuff out so it seemed more uniform. But I thought it would be more fun for

different batches to be a little different in character.

Thanks again for all the support.

Cheers,

Bryan