density

Obsello Absenta

We have been talking about this steak issue a lot over here and I think you may be right. I also think the people who care about it will always buy the stuff labeled "NOW WITH ADDED T-BONE AND SOLD IN BLACK!."

In the beginning the problem was with the liquor stores but now this is no longer an issue so I think it might make sense to remove it.

I also have a bad taste in my mouth from the stinking blog troll and somehow I connect this back to him.

Cheers,

B. Alex

P.S. The special edition formula got approved! Its now 7 months rested. Still waiting on label approval.

What I should say is "a historically accurate amount instead of respectable".

As soon as I catch upon the production side I am going to release something else interesting as well (I am playing with 2 new inventions).

Bryan, from all you've told me the last few months, I'm sure your heart is on the right side, and it was just an issue with improper phrasing. I have faith you'll get it straightened out very soon! :)

I remember you mentioning something in one of your e-mails about a new project back in February. Might this the same one you were talking about then?

Congrats on Reserve getting approved! :cheers:

I also think the people who care about it will always buy the stuff labeled "NOW WITH ADDED T-BONE AND SOLD IN BLACK!."

Yup.

I also have a bad taste in my mouth from the stinking blog troll and somehow I connect this back to him.
Yeah. That's what they do.

P.S. The special edition formula got approved!

Giggity!

gigity2.gif

I finally was able to get away from school for a weekend and try the bottle of Obsello with my friend. We both liked it quite a bit, though we've been drinking more of the blanches for years and aren't used to all those green flavors. I think I need a few more drinks to become a raving fan of the stuff used to make vertes. (and I'll happily do just that!)

P.S. The special edition formula got approved! Its now 7 months rested. Still waiting on label approval.

Chalk me up for at least 1, probably 2!!!

Any word on when the special edition will be available? Though I've only purchased one bottle of Obsello so far it's easily one of my favorites, and I am looking forward to the special edition.

Obsello is certainly my favorite available absenta and I am also very interested in the special edition!

I'm sorry to say, I have no news.

It's one I definitely like to keep on hand, but it's difficult to do so...it seems my bottle keeps emptying rather quickly. :twitchsmile:

Way to go!

Thank ye. :cheers:

I'd really like to see it happen more often, and not just due to self interest. The more reviews we do as a whole, the more important our review system will become in the industry. After all, consumer education is what we're all about!

So, bottom line:

Everyone start posting reviews, dammit! :devil:

Just poured a drink's worth into a glass and it was all cloudy! I presume it's just normal sediment? I've already seen such sediment in my unopened bottle of VC, but since Obsello is in a black bottle, I never saw it before. The bottle is very much near the end, by the way.

Tastes perfectly fine!

After a long night struggle with Obsello at different ratios, compared with others, etc, etc and editing my review all over and over again I have two obstacles in appreciating it fully or even more. First, the very faint wormwood note, that appears at 1:1 but gets muted by some undesirable spiciness-it might be coriander, but what coriander is doing in the stage? Once more water is added, mint is overwhelming, wormwood disappears and the drink loses the complexity it might aspire to at 1:1. Base alcohol is pleasant and since it is weak as regards abv, that is not a problem, yet certain nuances which very slowly are coming to my tastebuds get desolated halfway so rising the level would be beneficial as at higher strengths the nuances develop more slowly.

Is mint not only part of maceration stage or has it been used in the colouration as well? The mintiness is very obtrusive and should be diminished, otherwise the rest of players will not come through with power. The louche albeit too quick is decent, however the colouration is too pale what results in too whitish tinge in the post-louche stage.

Is it better than Segarra? Yes and no. Yes, because there is some potential and complexity trying to go past the mintiness. No, because as much as Segarra is simple, crude, the wormwood in it is perceptible enough. Of course, it kicks the arse of Deva, Montana and similar stuff, at least Obsello is not badiane bomb and is not terribly sweetish.

After a long night struggle with Obsello at different ratios, compared with others, etc, etc and editing my review all over and over again I have two obstacles in appreciating it fully or even more. First, the very faint wormwood note, that appears at 1:1 but gets muted by some undesirable spiciness-it might be coriander, but what coriander is doing in the stage? Once more water is added, mint is overwhelming, wormwood disappears and the drink loses the complexity it might aspire to at 1:1. Base alcohol is pleasant and since it is weak as regards abv, that is not a problem, yet certain nuances which very slowly are coming to my tastebuds get desolated halfway so rising the level would be beneficial as at higher strengths the nuances develop more slowly.

Is mint not only part of maceration stage or has it been used in the colouration as well? The mintiness is very obtrusive and should be diminished, otherwise the rest of players will not come through with power. The louche albeit too quick is decent, however the colouration is too pale what results in too whitish tinge in the post-louche stage.

Is it better than Segarra? Yes and no. Yes, because there is some potential and complexity trying to go past the mintiness. No, because as much as Segarra is simple, crude, the wormwood in it is perceptible enough. Of course, it kicks the arse of Deva, Montana and similar stuff, at least Obsello is not badiane bomb and is not terribly sweetish.

What can I say... You cant please everyone. I know plenty of people who love aquavit, personally I hate caraway seeds. However thanks for trying it and giving it a fair chance.

Cheers,

B.

Just poured a drink's worth into a glass and it was all cloudy! I presume it's just normal sediment? I've already seen such sediment in my unopened bottle of VC, but since Obsello is in a black bottle, I never saw it before. The bottle is very much near the end, by the way.

Tastes perfectly fine!

Sorry about that. I just bought a new filter after running into about 1 in 20 bottles with this problem. The one up side it will contribute to aging!

Let me know if you would like me to replace the bottle.

By the way I just put up a new Video we made in the distillery. I thought you guys might enjoy seeing where the absinthe comes from.

Cheers,

B.

Good man. I know it goes without saying, but it's a pleasure to deal with distillers who actually care about absinthe and about the consumer's experience.