Derrick

St. George Spirits Absinthe Verte Available for Order

Well, I can't decide so I'll do both.

I'll be there at 8 tomorrow.

I'm also looking forward to a threeway romance with the two aforementioned European beauties.

New year's eve is looking better all the time.

Found on San Francisco's Craig's List dated Dec. 24. Funny!

FREE St. George Absinthe Verte

Reply to: sale-518688964@craigslist.org

Date: 2007-12-24, 1:40PM PST

I waited in front of the door to St. George Distillery at the defunct Alameda Naval Station for 4 (count 'em F-O-U-R) days in the freezing wind and cold, waiting for the HISTORIC moment to arrive: the first U.S. distilled absinthe since 1912 available for legal purchase. Alas, the much awaited 11:00AM hour tolled on the 21st of December of the year 2007. The distillery doors flung open, smashing my frozen nose, but I was not deterred! My frost bitten fingers were shaking as I handed over my plastic currency and stuttered "T t t twelve b b b bottles p p p please". At $75.00 USD a pop I could hardly afford this expenditure on my part-time clown income, but I was determined to chase the green fairy until I found doG, or, at least got laid. I hobbled through the warm tasting room past professional drinkers parading themselves as Grey Uniformed Green Fairy Guardians. Bursting through the back door I elbowed my way through throngs of green eyed monkeys hungrily eyeing my clinking cache of TRUTH ELIXER. Out on the desolate, weed choked former jet fighter runway I slammed the trunk of my convertible Falcon Futura closed on 11 bottles. Looking across the bay at the almost sinister skyline of Little Gotham West I slither into the back seat, frozen limbs tingling, heart audibly pounding my rib cage. I pop the cork and release the green fairy. Eschewing proper absinthe preparation I tip my head back and gulp straight from the bottle. Pungent aromas of anise and fennel assault my nostrils as the holy green liquid tumbles down my throat. I feel like I am simultaneously ascending and descending as distilled wormwood wriggles into my brain. I returned to this body 48 hours later and there are no words to explain that I now understand everything. You cannot revisit the revelation, thus I have no need to imbibe the remaining liquid doorway. I am dispensing the opened bottle to strangers, and have randomly scattered the remaining 11 bottles near fairy symbols throughout the Bay Area.

Kerouac.

I don't even like the guy.

Baub! :angry2:

You know, come to think of it, he was nuthin' but an uptight, religious momma's boy masquerading as a rebel anyway, so :cheers:

:laugh:

Nothing wrong with him or his writing, just not my ream of paper. There are plenty of other writers in the library.

Abs! :cheers:

"Nothing wrong with him or his writing, just not my ream of paper. There are plenty of other writers in the library."

Yes, one can always fall back on Burroughs, Ginsberg, Corso, Huncke, McClure, Cassady, et al.

Its name is Legion! :devil: ;) :cheers:

Last night I went for a walk with SWMBO in downtown San Diego, and along the way stopped into my favorite local wine shop. They carry a decent amount of premium spirits so I looked around to see if I they might be sporting a bottle of Lucid or Kübler next to their Absente. Lo and behold, there were 4 (count them 4!!!) bottles of St George absinthe on the shelf. My giddiness was cut a little short with the sticker shock...marked $99.99

Still...I'm going to get it anyway. It's kind of like getting a first edition comic book (IMHO) and it's very unlikely that I'll even open it. I'll probably snag another bottle when the second or later batches are released for drinking.

If there are any more remaining and you GOTTA have some (i.e. don't mind the elevated price), PM me and I'll see what I can do.

UPDATE: I just talked to the liquor manager again - and guess who has a bottle waiting for her at HI-Time? Me. Woo Hoo! SOmeone on the list cancelled today.

Rock on wit yo' bad self! :cheers:

UPDATE: SOmeone on the list cancelled today.
Obviously a philistine.

Their loss is your gain. :thumbup:

B) Mine was delivered this AM from the Jugshop,so Derrick you may also luck out today...

Still working on analizing a formal review this one, wow, its a different animal for sure,

Shabba's astringent nails it well , call it an astringent but very floral cousin of VdF

that seems to smooth out as the sips progress....more later :unsure:

I hope it's OK to post these pics in a Bay Area thread...

I made it to Verte d'Absinthe yesterday and spent far too much money. Here are some casual photos for your perusal and enjoyment.

Some Duplais planning for the metro:

post-831-1198959507_thumb.jpg