Sign in to follow this  
Brooks

Kübler hits Los Angeles

Kübler's boffo LA launch:

post-143-1195776225_thumb.jpg

TO QUOTE:

“We wanted to create the 1863 feel, bring the authentic feeling of absinthe to life, and have the absinthe energy in an old-world way.....”

Indeed, nothing says "1863" and "old-world" like winged Valley girls and half-naked WEHO boys.

True enough, Scrin.

It's those costumes juxtaposed with the adjectives "1863" and "old-world" that got me. Also, if you click on the link to the article, you'll see that Depression-era newsboys are right at home in the old world of 1863.

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that for W.L. Lyons Brown, C.E.O. of Altamar Ventures, "old-world" means anything before 1985. And bless him for bringing Kübler to LA. B)

You're talking about her merkin, here, right?

No, we're talking about Merkins here.

Alex is right those aren't fairies, they're pests.

That's so embarrassing I'm surprised the Kübler doesn't have a blush.

Those depression era newsboys (especially the one playing the saxophone) don't seem to fit at all. Is Cali the last place they use the word boffo, or do they still have headlines that read like "C. Larton-Fitz Pikz Three-Fitz-Blitz!"

True enough, Scrin.

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that for W.L. Lyons Brown, C.E.O. of Altamar Ventures, "old-world" means anything before 1985. And bless him for bringing Kübler to LA. B)

I just gotta pipe in in defense of Lyons. He is a delightful man, with an actual love for absinthe - unfortunate ad campaign aside.

Yes, and a few short months ago, Lucid and Kübler weren't even legal in the US and most people were bemoaning that fact.

Edit: ! I nearly quoted the above post, and even worse, almost "quoted" it. I'm so embarrassed.

Looks like it's crossed the Orange Curtain. Just picked up a bottle at the Huntington Beach BevMo.

Edit: also, hmmmmmm body paint... :thumbup:

Edited by biznacho

I was only poking fun at a dizzy quote and a silly promotional launch. If I've rubbed anyone the wrong way, my apologies.

I'm very happy that absinthe has come to America. :wave2:

If stupid is a slang term the kids are using for super-cool, than yes, it is crazy stupid.

Seriously, I love LA. Not as much a the OC - but LA ain't too shabby.

Oh, and Brooks - your post really didn't rub me the wrong way, I just really think Lyons is a nice guy and had to add my two cents. I suffer from over-protective big sister syndrome. Even with people I have no relation to.

I understand. I'm an over-protective big brother myself.

Is Cali the last place they use the word boffo.....
I don't know that anyone but me uses "boffo" any more. I've always loved jazz-age slang. What can I say? I'm just an old-world, 1863 kinda guy.

I'm sorry Brooks. I didn't mean to criticize. I thought the costumes looked silly too.

There's stuff I want to say, but I won't because it'll appear like I'm pointing at you specifically, and I'm not.

If stupid is a slang term the kids are using for super-cool, than yes, it is crazy stupid.

I'm hot hip on the slang these days.

I'm not overly fond of Los Angeles except for the weather and a couple handfulls of people.

You jive turkies aint hip on that slang-o, yuh hurr?

Anydangway, I think I would like LA alot, 'specially the shopping. However on the stints I've worked in call centers I have spoken with many a LosAngelisian, and nine out of ten of them seemed to be... out of it. It may just be a regional thing and I have no right to judge an entire city by how they attend themselves over the phone. On the other hand, when I would handle calls from New York and environs they weren't necessarily rude, just in a very big rush. If you spoke in sentences longer than four words they would quickly loose patience and dog help you if you couldn't do exactly what they wanted right now. I find Chicago to be a nice balance between the two. Of course I'm a native and am acclimatized. Well, I'm just the bum on the other end of the phone, I don't know nothin bout nothin.

Best call ever: I'm sorry, sir, due to the wildfires in your area we won't be able to deliver your package until Tuesday.

Guy on the phone: What? I mean... the fires are like, what, two blocks away from here! I need that package man, I'm throwing a party tonight!

I still wanna live there though, I hate winter so much.

Best call ever: I'm sorry, sir, due to the wildfires in your area we won't be able to deliver your package until Tuesday.

No wonder! Never tell a man he has to go without his package! :shock:

Cute fairies, I suppose but I'd rather have the rug. It'd look nice in my bath.

You're talking about her merkin, here, right?

Hey now, my cat was nowhere near that cheesy photo shoot thankyouverymuch!

:laf:

Looks like it's crossed the Orange Curtain. Just picked up a bottle at the Huntington Beach BevMo.

Looks like I'm off to BevMo tomorrow morning *looking at computer clock* crap, THIS morning, and see if it's make it yet further south to Northern Tijuana San Diego.

At least I've got my green-n-purple monkey tracking number for my Lucid.