Trid

Steampunk

This may not be terribly Steampunk, but it's leaning in that direction and this thread wouldn't be complete without it.

A couple years ago, Drinkboy made a post about these.

royalcoffeemaker_1933_2732308.jpg

If you're not familiar with them, you have to watch the video.

Dan kicked me out to write that post too.

Apparently so. And to finish Michael's program, which I did, and to write a saucy little rant which is currently #7 on programming.reddit.com. And to get 3 hours of sleep. :yahoo: So yeah, feel slighted.

Hiram: that coffee device is so awesome it makes me wish I liked coffee.

This may not be terribly Steampunk, but it's leaning in that direction and this thread wouldn't be complete without it. If you're not familiar with them, you have to watch the video.
"The Laborat'ry of Dr. Fag" is what one friend christened his vacuum coffee maker. And his coffee maker couldn't hold a candle to that contraption!

As for this........post-143-1189794490.jpg.......I want!

A couple years ago, Drinkboy made a post about these.

royalcoffeemaker_1933_2732308.jpg

Well crap!

I showed the video to SWMBO and of course she insisted that we add one to our wedding registry...come to find out, they're ALL out of stock. :thumbdown:

Hiram, you tease!!!

I believe the one on the right is the result of correctly assembling the components on the left. That would be the exploded view, I believe it's called.

This is the kind of stuff that my dreams have always been made of. Steampunk, Industrial, Giger! Oddly enough it makes me think of video games I played growing up as a child. Video games like, Final FantasyXI was totally a steampunk setting ect.

I bet quite a few of us would go for this one...
Sheer poetry:

Recently, the adult who gathers the toy of time of the child increases, so is, but as for the man obtaining, doing so you say rubbing, looking at the man fashion magazine and the like, "this summer being outdoor, it becomes the Robinson clue saw.'' You produce the dangerous man with the spy small article. 'If and so on and so on word is changed, [ike] so the copy dances even with the index of the young child magazine. A leak I enter into the type, probably will be. Because, my “Sueyoshi”, becoming in this year, it has the secret base which now is. To [guhehe] [he]. It is and the does, this feeling. It is to make the favorite place which no one knows in every place inside capital. Well this time just one we probably will teach to everyone from midst of the secret base of my chin?

As for place lower Kitazawa's Tokyo Setagaya of everyone coral knowing station close. Coming out of Minaguti, when it bends immediately on the right, the sidewalk bridge which strides Odakyu comes coming out. When it rises and walks there the vacant land where on the left side it is surrounded with the fence appears. There is the secret base of my chin. That be sure to tear somewhere of the fences, is densely with, from there to penetrate, because the long sofa is thrown away in the little basin of the vacant land, it swings there and/or the waist applies. Appearance is this [torisuke] then. The cap of spring type is opened, the shot glass of tris attachment is removed, the amber liquid is poured. Under the eye the Odakyu of the returning home rush which is confused without busily foam/home. You apply the fire to the tobacco and the city throat stretch your own sufficient joining boundary middle with the smoke. The [ero] book which gets wet to the foot having fallen, all right. Loosening the picking screw of the cap cover of [torisuke], if you remove the cap cover, install that upside down and insert the candle of attachment you turn quickly to simple lanthanum. Also the match case being attached, it increases. Twilight the Shimokita street corner which is approached. The [ero] book which in one hand, was illuminated the glass with the lamp of the candle and gets wet is watched. Secret base of - [n] adult. The [tsu] [te] it is feeling. By the way, when this [torisuke], the front cover is opened, the beauty of the world of the one cup it may, the coming [ya] [wa] good pinup girl appears. The lonesome night probably is that become the hostess just of your healing. Make your own sufficient secret base with [a] same 輩, [torisuke] the . [torisuke] corresponding brand, tris, white, lead-lead, and so on pocket bottle of cheap [uwisuki]. Old, angle and the Nikka system are failure. Replacing content, when you use, it probably is [ii].

As for opinion thought from this…

Engrish: "Robinson clue saw." :laf:

the beauty of the world of the one cup it may, the coming [ya] [wa] good pinup girl appears. The lonesome night probably is that become the hostess just of your healing.

Why, this IS poetry! All your good pinup girl belong to us!

Thanks for posting Dr. Evermore! Ive been wanting to set up a trip to Madison for a while now and this is an excellent side trip whilst there!

Yes.

That one gets my vote, too. And thanks, Hissita, for posting Dr. Evermore. Wow!

I remember this thread from a few pages back when steampunk spoons were discussed. I recall thinking that gears and moving parts in a spoon seemed stylistically forced to me, and I tend to think, like Gertz, that Victorian absinthe spoons are already appropriate period pieces.

But this recent spoon at Alandia seems a little bit more steampunk to me than most. It has the goofy, semi-mechanical look to it, and still seems very Victorian. This picture does the spoon no justice, making it look like a thin, cheap thing punched out of sheet aluminum. In fact, it's quite hefty and well done. I added one to my recent Epoque resupply, and I'm glad to have it.

Unlike most modern absinthe spoon designs, this one appears to have really been designed to function, holding the sugar cube safely in place till the very last, and allowing the final grains to drain into the drink instead of getting caught in ornamental nooks in the design. In fact I can't think of a more functional design, even from the époque.

1894758663_7759907dbb.jpg