Movak

BC Special Order Procedure

I heard of this a long time ago.

It was never feasible.

This is the "Order a Minimum of a Case" thing they have to completely dissuade anyone who doesn't sell liquor from buying anything they don't carry.

Important notes

1. Due to the cost of importing liquor products, minimum order quantities may be imposed by the supplier. The LDB's minimum order requirement is one case.

2. The price quotation process may take 4-6 weeks for completion.

3. Product delivery time varies and is dependent on supplier location. Delivery may be anywhere from 4-8 weeks if purchased from a Canadian supplier or up to 8 months for orders sent to suppliers outside of Canada.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I am going to give it a shot. It doesn't cost me anything but time to fill out a couple of forms. Therefore I need the following information about Ikenberger and Duplias:

1. The distiller nameand address.

2. The size of bottle

3. The number of bottles in a case. This might be an issue but I am sure the BC LCB can deal with it.

Thanks,

Movak

If the BCLB private order process is anything like the LCBO private order process, it's pretty much not worth it at all. There are much easier ways to go about getting bottles of absinthe. One being FSC, who have really improved their selection.

It doesn't cost me anything but time to fill out a couple of forms.

And the cost of a case of absinthe.

After Movak waits the four to six weeks for a price quotation (if they will import it) he then has the choice whether or not he wants to go through with it. If he wants to, he pays a non refundable deposit (50% i believe) with the remainder paid on arrival. so he can at least see if they will bring it in.

Right now I am trying to find another legal way to get absinthe here in Canada (at least BC).

As per the "Licensee Retail" pdf on the BC government website an agent must "purchase your liquor from a designated Liquor Distribution Branch liquor store or other source authorized (in writing) by the general manager or the Liquor Distribution Branch.

So I am trying to get in writing an "authorized" absinthe source from the places listed. I am trying to find a liquor inspector in my community that could maybe give me a little more information.

Waiting for the papers to apply for all this right now.

Such silly, silly laws.