Chris

American Absinthe?

You should let Hiram comment on it.

He must have a few words to say about it.

And samples to send.

Wow, that is great!

No wonder LdF just published another shipping sale!

Not sure if this should be a different topic...

I was kind of intrigued by the Canadian Absinthe mentioned in Jamie's article.

Taboo by Okanagan Spirits. Is it maybe the only Absinthe being legally distilled in North America?

Now, that is a horrible name for a couple reason, not least of which being it may be confused with Tabu Absinth.

And they seem to be playing up the thujone content, which is another warning sign in my mind.

However, they do seem to have a respectable line of quality eau de vies and grappas, so who knows.

Any opinions?

~Erik

:cheers: I have seen this Marteau hiding in LA. Seems to be a very outstanding fellow, plays with your head though, as any deviant would. He also seems to have studied his lines well and has turned into someone with a great future. I look forward to seeing his first premier soon.

I was kind of intrigued by the Canadian Absinthe mentioned in Jamie's article.

Taboo by Okanagan Spirits. Is it maybe the only Absinthe being legally distilled in North America?

Now, that is a horrible name for a couple reason, not least of which being it may be confused with Tabu Absinth.

And they seem to be playing up the thujone content, which is another warning sign in my mind.

However, they do seem to have a respectable line of quality eau de vies and grappas, so who knows.

Any opinions?

~Erik

I have second sample bottle of Taboo here, courtesy of Frank.

Alex, what is your impression of the Taboo?

Sometimes it requires a great deal of medication to know just what the cat is talking about.

Whatever it takes, I suppose.

:cheers:

Not long ago Pernod was the shiznit. Recently I saw a small blurb in the magizine "Stuff" describing Pernod and it seems once again it's vieing to be seen in drinking establishments here.

There is however a movement on the horizon that I feel will hopefully blossom in the years to come. It was like a hammer to my brain when I had the fortunate opportunity to swill it's wonderful flavour.

Where once a selection of herbs were incorporated together and with the distillers care, produced a concoction that whooooo'd Europe and still does, there is in our backyard that same loving attention to detail being waged under our noses.

The wine and beer industry relish in their contests and tastings. Oh what a marvelous happening it would be to see those backyard crafters setting aside their squabbles and coming together like "Tales of the Cocktail" in NO or even Lost Wages to show off and be counted. And that's my 2cents.

I had an opportunity to try the current version of the Marteau this past weekend. Wonderful stuff.

An announcement regarding a CO US launch and distribution of one of his creations was made in one of the seminars, and it got a VERY warm reception.

I can't wait to see it on the shelves!