Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Absinthe in Ultima Online!

Ultima Online is the grandfather of all MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Games). It only has about 200k players worldwide these days, which is nothing compared to the 7 million people who play World of Warcraft.

Apparently one of the UO Developers/Designers is a fan of absinthe, since (s)he added the name to the list of non-player characters (NPC's) who appear in the game:

absinthemessengercropped.jpg

p.s. Yes, I know the big blue beetle looks stupid with a guy riding on it. :laf:

I’m surprised with the Victorian setting and worldly characters Martian Dreams didn’t have an absinthe reference; just a green colored wine bottle. Shame.

quote name='Shabba53' date='May 2 2007, 05:45 AM' post='86435']

Never played Ultima. I'm a EQII fan. :cheers:

A while back, someone was crafting a drink called the green fairy.

I played EQ for 5 years on Brell Serrilis Server before it merged with Cazic. I had a 65 Warrior named Czacza Leatherneck.

I was so addicted to that damn game it almost cost me my marriage. I do still miss it though. :dribble:

[

No shit! You've got the Destroyer of Ordanach title too! Talk about a small world. What a great fight that was. Got some pretty great screenshots too, but they are too big to post.

EQ2_000066.jpg