Bluescat

What are you cooking tonight?

Oh my, sounds good. I happen to have a fairly decent chili recipe.

We'll get together before long and taste some good chili. Your's and mine. *devil grin*

Cheers!

Made a yummy stir fry this evening.

Chinese mushrooms

Orange sweet peppers

Bamboo shoots

Water Chestnuts

Shrimp

Scallops

Sauteed it all up, then added in a combination of some sesame sauce and panang spicy peanut sauce (equal parts), then for shits and giggles, I added in about 1/4 of a purple piquin pepper.

Once everything was fully coated, I added some previously cooked lo mein noodles.

Man, it was tasty. But steer clear of the piquins if you're not ready for head-exploding heat. Which I was. :cheers:

Played soccer this morning, relaxed all day, enjoying a cool late September evening and in about 15 minutes the rice will be done and we will be having home made gumbo.

Cap it off with a nice glass or two of Angelique or Obsello and I'll call it a perfect Sunday.

0920091940.jpg

Pork loin roast with a fennel, rosemary and allspice crust. Served on a bed of whole grain brown mustard mashed potatoes and dressed with a root vegetable puree of butternut squash, potato, turnip, carrot, ginger and garlic. Topped with a caramelized apple slice with tarragon.

Homemade vegetarian white chili.

And I'm beginning to ferment some habaneros for hot sauce. :devil:

Roast! Most of whats left in the freezer from our cow last year is roasts and hamburger. Took out a beef tip roast yesterday, threw it in the dutch oven a few hours ago with some red potatoes, carrots and onions. Letting it sit in the broth for a few more minutes while wife makes a nice salad, add in a glass of Barrel Monkeys Shiraz and ring the triangle.

I don't wanna go hunting! I don't have time to go hunting, either.

I have way too many irons in the fire to take a day off right now. Between teaching, theatre and Ridge, there aren't enough hours in the day.

I'm just hoping to find a little time to ride my snowboard this winter. That sounds like a perfect escape to me. Doc Jaz and I can bond just fine snowboarding followed by a delicious Martini. :cheers:

Made from scratch - right down to the butter used! (which also resulted in copious amounts of homemade ranch dressing, as buttermilk was a delicious byproduct)

I think I just passed a new place here in the City called "Pho-tastic" or something like that, which I assume was meant to be a play of words trying to associate pho and fantastic. But it doesn't really work, and just turned out to be a shit name, in my opinion. Fail.

Pho sells itself. No need for a rubbish restaurant name.

Champagne, rosemary and lemon marinated swordfish steak stuffed and baked with feta and basil, served on a bed of pasta with fresh herbs a feta cheese sauce, with baked garlic crostini topped with fresh goat cheese.

24891_10150153860990247_505500246_11971560_4365393_n.jpg

PHO!

I'm well enough to be cookin' for Jules again! :yahoo:

One of my favorite Vietnamese dishes. A preference, Fatty Brisket, Lean Brisket, Round, with great fresh Vietnamese green leafs, bean sprouts, jalapeño slices. Accompanied with spiracha hot chili sauce, hoisin sauce and ginger sauce for dipping. MMMMMMMMM..Sorry got carried away...

PHO!

I'm well enough to be cookin' for Jules again! :yahoo:

We've got a few Photastic places here. Sorry Ron, I couldn't resist.

This one is #1 in my opinion. ;)

Champagne, rosemary and lemon marinated swordfish steak stuffed and baked with feta and basil, served on a bed of pasta with fresh herbs a feta cheese sauce, with baked garlic crostini topped with fresh goat cheese.

This sounds like a perfect pair for St. George.