Too cool. Wow. :cheers:

I can't help noticing that the fountain is just begging for a redesign to better blend in with the surroundings. That couldn't happen, could it?

I stumbled out of bed this morning to be hit between the eyes with one of my favorite college days memories:

ELP's Brain Salad Surgery! Jerusalem will very nicely be stuck in my head all day. I am suddenly very nostalgic for a drink I haven't tasted, yet.

Edit: And my order just arrived. :devil:

So this is how the Prototype 31 is going to end up:

post-171-1174633269.jpg post-171-1174633280.jpg

Very nice Markus!

Will this absinthe be part of a series like the Duplais with a blanche and a verte, or will there be just the one item in the Brevans line?

I'm excited to try my P31v, hopefully, tonight. I do agree with Pan Buh that we need an H.R. Giger designed fountain! How cool would that be?

Edit: This blog does answer some of my questions. It seems as if it will be part of a series, but my German is very rusty. http://www.absinth-blog.de/

Edit 2: The monkey man arrived so I will be enjoying my P31v tonight and perhaps a Helfrich.

Placed an order late Tuesday night, arrrived this morning, incredible. I couldn't wait and cracked open the P31 for a little sample just now before we head out for dinner. Very aromatic neat, and pleasant tasting, a little "new" though. Looking forward to some aging and mellowing, glad I got two bottles. There was some Helfrich and Balance in there too, three new vertes, an early B-day present to me, from me...

Just by chance right after I loaded my fountain a buddy stopped by. We hit the P31v pretty hard. He had a few and claimed it was his favorite of those he has tried. So far I've introduced him to CLB, Duplais verte and Balance, Ike and Jade VS.

I had three and I'll have to admit I am impressed, I thought it could use some (a little) aging but it is definately in my top 5, possibly top 3. Not overpowering but very balanced, not too much corriander. What a great nose, the scent filled the room before and after water. The louche was equally impressive, thick and with a creamy mouthfeel. I'm glad I got three bottles.

The reviews are killing me. The P31v sounds so good, and here it is Saturday morning and the gorillas will be sleeping and eating bananas in their van until Monday. That's right, no deliveries all weekend. At least I know I'm in for a treat when it eventually gets here.

Good ole Giger.

Half the time I am amazed at his talent.

The other half I consider closing the book because it is almost too groteque to look!

The man is really great with black and white.

Not many Artists can do monotones well...

Absinthe Brevans

Now I'm even happier I got three bottles.

H.R. Giger's name is very prominent on this bottle. I have to wonder if he contributed more than the artwork to garner such recognition.

Or how much is being contributed to him per label sold. I wish my P31b was a polygamist rather than just a bigamist. Still working up the strength to uncork one.

Well thanks to yet another kind benefactor, I have gotten my grubby mitts on some P31V. Friends are great. :wave2:

I'm sipping it now and enjoying it quite a bit. It's so similar to the P31B and yet so different. Almost balanced but not quite (is it just my crazy taste buds or is it kinda fennel-heavy?). The colour before and after louche is just gorgeous. I was a little afraid that some of the unusual character I enjoy so much in the P31B would be covered up by the colouring herbs, but it's not at all. It's just got more company with the added flavours.

I bet the finished product will be great. However, 39 € per .5L seems a little steep to me.

One month later...

Absinthe Prototype 31 Blanche.

"The next Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream flavor:

Anise Nut You Silly Fennel"

T73 and Silent say it tastes like ice cream.

I don't care for it as much. I react to something.

I haven't isolated it yet but it is not hyssop.

I love the scent. I think it smells like rich, toasted nuts.

T73 and Silent say it tastes like ice cream.

Interesting. Since the first time I tasted it I thought it would be great drizzled over white chocolate mousse frozen yogurt.