Movak

An evening in heaven

I am very new to the absinthe world and have to admit that I fell for the green fairy myth. Well, all that has changed.

A new friend of mine, curiousmonkey, introduced me to real absinthe. He graciously allowed me a few glasses of Duplias and another one that I can not remember the name of. I wish I could because I liked it better even though curiousmonkey said it was lower quality. I had a great evening. I usually have to be very careful how much I drink as I have a tendency to fall asleep (I am a quiet drunk). That night I still kept things under control as it was someone else’s liquor I was drinking. (I am not sure he knew this but I made a deal with myself: every time I mixed a drink for curiousmonkey I also made one for myself. I offered to make him lots of drinks. :devil: ) A strange thing happened: the more I drank, the mellower my body became and the more alert my mind became. I am hooked. I have always been of the mind that quality is much better than quantity. So I won't be drinking absinthe every night but when I do it will be the good stuff.

Now all I need to do is decide which one(s) I want to drink and place an order B) .

Movak

Hey, Joe! :cheers:

I see your dyslexia is in full force. :devil:

Actually, it was I, monkeycurious!

I had Duplais and Eichelberger 68, and I preferred the Ike and you said you preferred the Duplais. I'd still drink the Duplais again, however.

I have an order in for 3 Montmartre at FSC, which I have only tried once but I know I liked it. All three are available there, happily.

Welcome! :cheers:

Hey, Joe! :cheers:

I see your dyslexia is in full force. :devil:

Actually, it was I, monkeycurious!

I had Duplais and Eichelberger 68, and I preferred the Ike and you said you preferred the Duplais. I'd still drink the Duplais again, however.

I have an order in for 3 Montmartre at FSC, which I have only tried once but I know I liked it. All three are available there, happily.

Welcome! :cheers:

You are correct :blush: : I am totally backwards. One bottle of Duplias goes on the list. What to add? Hmmm.

Joe

Well, from FSC you don't really have any other choices except the three I mentioned.

As a matter of style, we don't have to quote a person if their comment is directly above our reply. It also saves bandwidth. :cheers:

Maybe we'll see you at the B&B's New Years Eve?

(HAHAHA I missed it)

Edited by monkeycurious

Welcome to the party*! :cheers:

*NB: In this case, the term party is used in the sense of a gala or fete, and not in reference to any political affiliation. ;)

Welcome aboard and, curiousmonkey, nice job on the recruit! :cheers:

Welcome to thee! Another absinthe enthusiast in Victoria is most welcome. Perhaps MonkeyC, yourself, and I should gather together for a drink...

I was just thinking about a Victoria get together. Just say when and where And I will be there.

Joe

Great Idea! I have a 3 Monty order on the way from FSC, too!