Sign in to follow this  
eschatography

A few great words about LdF...

...with song and dance, too!

About six months ago, we ordered several bottles of absinthe (again) from Liqueurs de France. I think this was maybe the sixth time I've personally ordered from them. Always before, I had been living out in Montana on the outskirts of Yellowstone Park. Even in West Bumblefreak, I'd receive their shipments in two or three days. This last order was the first time I've been in an actual city (Chicago) to receive from them. We ordered and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Never showed up. Checked with them, then order was sent and, after checking in with the US delivery company (flying monkeys) we found out that they (flying monkeys) had delivered our box to the WRONG address. flying monkeys only informed us of this fact *more than a week later* (ten days, I think). The wrong address. A courier shipment. No signature, just left it on the front doorstep of *somebody else's* house. Hm.

We informed LdF. I was hesitant and pissed at flying monkeys and let a bit of my anger creep through in my email to them, but they understood I was not mad at them, merely the domestic delivery company. Upon giving LdF a new shipping address, we had a replacement order in three days.

I have always been impressed to the point of astonishment at LdF's speed of shipment, and quality of spirits. But now I add to that exquisite-- EXQUISITE -- customer service. Peter and Ian run a most amazing company, that impresses more and more each time I do business with them.

I have worked in customer service for more years than I have liked, and little by little I have seen companies show less and less courtesy and respect to their guests/customers/employees. It is wondrous to see that there is still decency in a business, and more than that, kindness and genuine concern.

Peter & Ian and LdF: I salute you! :drunk: (that's me; the smilie on the right)

~kirk~

P.S. This order had absinthes yet untried by me, so I shall post taster reviews as we open the bottles.

Which reminds me, I need to add my 2¢ worth to the reviews of ones I already have... :)

They're too afraid that if they open it, someone will come to claim it.

It's still in the unopened package, sitting in the foyer.

They don't even know what they have.

flying monkeys admitted to me that their driver left it at the wrong address, but they stopped short of telling me what address that was. Their attitude was in sharp contrast to LdF's.

What really gets me about this is that in every other order, the delivery drivers have all required a signature and ID; this time the driver just decided to leave it -- not a note telling of his attempted delivery, nor even leaving the pkg on a back doorstep -- by the front door facing the street. The front door of the wrong house.

It's amazing how inept some people can be. flying monkeys: :poop:

And astounding how incredibly good others are. LdF: :worshippy:

~kirk~

Edited by Hiram

Ah!  I see now why the package was delivered improperly.

Flying Monkeys!

Of course...

Snow monkeys in a hot spring are amazing.  Give monkeys wings and a package to deliver... Bad Idea.

:)

In general we like flying monkeys. They usually bring our booze quite quickly and safely—far more so than the US Postal Service. By the way, "flying monkeys" = courier services in general, not a particular company. You've just experienced the word filter which prevents mention of company names, which we frown upon around here—as well as any other shipping details.

In general we like flying monkeys.  They usually bring our booze quite quickly and safely—far more so than the US Postal Service.  By the way, "flying monkeys" = courier services in general, not a particular company.  You've just experienced the word filter which prevents mention of company names, which we frown upon around here—as well as any other shipping details.

I figured that upon reading it. Like "Pork Chop" is used on Some Other Absinthe Forum .

I love flying monkeys. But not domestic delivery companies who use slave monkeys. ;)

I wanted to include as much information as possible without crossing that invisible line of Too Much Information.