Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Sampled at 3:1, 2.75:1 and 2.5:1 one sugar

This pre-ban was even better than the Pernod-Fils 1914 I had. Simply a wonderful experience! The color was a crystal-clear light root beer with gold highlights...perfect feuille morte. The louche had distinct heavy trails and a nice even forming cloud, which developed slowly. A clear top layer hung in there right to the end. It was Just the right thickness, and light played through it revealing a pretty opalescence. As far as aroma, wow...simply great; it had all that you'd expect; anise, herbs and florals...a bit of light spice. Clean, fresh and pastoral. Its flavor was simply stunning. A perfect marriage of the trinity. Anise was slightly in front of the wormwood with a light woody element wrapped in soft spice and mild citrus. As far as the finish, it built, unfolded, pulled lightly, lingered then faded slowly. A soft powder and citrus clung gently to the tip of the tongue and roof of the mouth. Very, very nice.

It is delicate and lighter than I expected, so 3:1 is far too watered down. I enjoyed it best at 2.5:1 where all the flavors and aromas were full, alive and happy. A nice mouthfeel at this lower dilution as well.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account