A classic La Bleue
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

I love this la bleue, as it is simply a pure a classic example of what a Swiss la bleue is supposed to be. I had a glass in 2010 from a different bottle, but this bottle from 2012 is sublime... perhaps it's just that my palate has changed, or it is from a different batch. (We all know that small-batch artisanal distillers have variations from batch to batch). I've compared this to all the other blanches I own, and it is simply put, the purest example of a delicate and delicious wormwood I've tasted in a blanche. There is a softness and clean edge to this, that is free of alcohol and any out of balance elements. Yes, there are la bleues out there (even from this maker) with more character and elements...Sevil for instance, but the purity in concept of this blanche is wonderful. The aroma is crisp and "alpine meadow," the flavor is clean and precise, and the finish is just strong enough to blend with the aroma and flavor in a correct manner, without betraying the gentle spirit of this absinthe. It builds gently and softly, lingers just long enough, then fades leaving a lasting impression of delicate flowers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account