Simplicity at its best
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

NOTE: The bottle I reviewed matches this picture. If the US version is the current place for reviews, let me know and I'll move this review over there.

Appearance: The initial color is a very clear yellow green that is heavier on the green side. Typical of Matter's products this is an outstanding initial appearance.

Louche: The louche is great with a very opalescent and blue tinted finished look. There is also a nice retention of the original color.

Aroma: The usual trinity hits up front and smells pleasing if only a bit simple.

Flavor: This is a spot on basic absinthe. Nothing is too complex here and it is done right. You have the trinity as well as the usual coloring herbs showing up. This might be a good starter absinthe but if you are a fan of complexity it will disappoint.

Finish: The finish lingers but doesn't change or show new layers. Again this is not a bad thing, but simple.

Overall: Duplais Verte is a nice basic absinthe. This would be a great place to start diving in to the world of real absinthe.
E
Top 10 Reviewer 70 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account