A Smooth Ride
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

the Color is right where I like it; a fresh chloryphyll peridot. 5.

the Louche has been called temperamental and I would concur but Slow and Cold are the operative words here. It seemingly cannot be rushed so don't even try. When you do get there it's a fun light green; surprising for how light the color is neat. 4.

the Aroma is interesting without being too right up in your nose--I guess that means subtle--but opening up in a considerably floral vein with water. 4.

the Flavor is nicely melded and heavy on the Wormwood, all to my liking. Smooth without being simple. Because of the options given I give it a 4 but really more like 4.5.

the Finish is long lasting, spicy/floral; a long steady fadeout. 4 but really 4.5 again.

Overall, I really like this stuff; it's great for virtually anytime. If you like a spicier, not-so-creamy in the mouth type Absinthe then this is for you. Another 4 that is really a 4.5.

Absomphe's comparison to dry-hopping is appropos. Definitely not the sweet candy-tasting product some vertes can be. Ths stuff is smooth, like a ride in a really fast train that runs on a cushion of air or reverse magnetism. Enjoy the ride.
B
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account