Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

4/8/12

Appearance: The color is a wonderful olive tone, very natural looking. It may have been closer to a peridot hue in 2010 when this was bottled and purchased, but that is unknown at this point.

Louche: Very milky and cloudy. This builds up quickly when water is added, likely due to a large anise presence. A lack of a dazzling opalescence keeps this from a higher score.

Aroma: A decadent array of anise, powdered sugar, cola, mint and citrus aspects.

Flavor: Incredible, with very sweet anise, and a nice hint of bitter wormwood springs forth as it coats the mouth. Complex subtleties present include fennel, spicy pepper, lemon mint candy, and some sort of earthiness as wel.

Finish: The somewhat soft initial impression becomes warming and drying on the way down. Again some "ricola' candy type of flavor jumps out. A light pull on the palate certainly leaves me wanting more!

Overall: The best absinthe I've had in a while, after a string of unfulfilled expectations. A little of everything I love about absinthe all in one concoction!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account