A typical Bohemian style profile
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: An attractive, natural emerald hue.

Louche: Developes well. It ends up a tad thin, but still attractive. Still retains a greenish hue.

Aroma: Some anise and a uniquely distinctive black pepper aroma. Also a touch of alcohol heat at 3:1.

Flavor: It falls apart here. The anise starts of sweet and pleasant, but then you are assailed with the aggressive bitterness of what I can only take for macerated wormwood.

Finish: The same wormwood bitterness sticks at the back of the throat for longer than you'd like.

Overall: If Kyle would ever decide to start distilling his wormwood instead of macerating it, he could end up making some pretty decent stuff. Until then, I'll pass.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 2

Comments

3 results - showing 1 - 3
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
July 22, 2013
As I can see nothing that Kyle makes is good, since I am his distributor and I was there many times when he was making his products, I know that Kyle is making it the old way, he was always doing his products old way, not like other wannabe Absinthe makers-distillerys, In all products that he makes, he uses his own herbs and undergroud spring water, without chemistry or artifficial colors or aditives, so I think that someone without any background can't write this kind of B.S. for his products and let's be real anybody who drinks Absinthe doesn't drink it because of taste. Anybody who says that is lying. Thujone is the ost important thing inside the whole story and that product is NATURAL. So what ever you say mr administrator, Bairnsfather is the only one who makes true Absinthe not some colored distilled B.S. I agree that proces of distilling is important, but AFTER MACRATION AND FILTRATION. I am very sad that new law for Absinthe in EU wasn't confirmed, because if it was we(Bairnsfather) would be ONLY TRUE HANDMADE MANUFACTURERS. Gretings from Croatia and in anybody has a plan to visit this little country you can contact me and try true Absinthe with highest level(35) of natural Thujone and lowest level of natural Alcohol(55).
www.artemisia-absinthium.hr
Daniel Dragojevic
A
artemisia-absinthium
July 22, 2013
Daniel, no offense intended, but I think you need to do some further research. Research that isn't provided to you by Kyle. Kyle isn't doing anything 'the old way'. Authentic absinthe (the drink that was consumed by millions during the Belle Époque) was DISTILLED, not simply filtered. Further, thujone was never an important factor in the production or consumption of absinthe until unscrupulous marketers in the 1990s began making false claims about it. As for your claims of 35ppm or mg/l of thujone in your brand, please be aware that the EU considers that number to be THUJONE FREE. So even though you claim thujone is important, you are also selling a product that contains, by legal definition, no thujone. Further, chemical analysis of surviving Belle Époque brands of absinthe show that the thujone content during that time was similar to what current laws are. To put it simply, you are incorrect in practically all of your assertions. Thanks for playing.
July 22, 2013
In reply to an earlier comment

As I can see nothing that Kyle makes is good, since I am his distributor and I was there many times when he was making his products, I know that Kyle is making it the old way, he was always doing his products like that, not like other wannabe Absinthe makers-distillerys, In all products that he makes, he uses his own herbs and underground spring water, without chemistry or artifficial colors or aditives, so I think that someone without any background can't write this kind of B.S. for his products and let's be real anybody who drinks Absinthe doesn't drink it because of taste. Anybody who says that is lying. Thujone is the most important thing inside the whole story and it is important that product is NATURAL. So what ever you say mr administrator, Bairnsfather is the only one who makes true Absinthe, not some colored distilled B.S. I agree that proces of distilling is important, but AFTER MACERATION AND FILTRATION. I am very sad that new law for Absinthe in EU wasn't confirmed, because if it was we(Bairnsfather) would be ONLY TRUE HANDMADE MANUFACTURERS. Gretings from Croatia and if anybody has a plan to visit this little country you can contact me and try true Absinthe with highest level(35) of natural Thujone and lowest level of natural Alcohol(55).
www.artemisia-absinthium.hr
General distributor of Bairnsfather for Croatia, Slovenia, MonteNegro.......
Daniel Dragojevic
3 results - showing 1 - 3
Post a Comment