Very mild
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: a very very light peridot green, clear and without any visible sediment.

Louche: slow to develop, and very thin, with some nice orange reflexes. At 1:3 it’s almost completely gone.

Aroma: before adding water alcohol is by far the dominant note. With water other aromas appear, mostly verbena, that are not the usual expected one.

Taste: very little anise is found here, that may explain the weak louche. A rather strong bitterness from arthemisia and verbena. Other herbs I can’t really trace. A general taste of wild herbs.

Finish: bitterness lingers in the mouth pretty long.

Overall: this is an absinthe on its own, definitely not a traditional one. It seems to me more a bold experiment in wild and organic herbs rather than the product of a distiller interested in traditional absinthe and its history. It can’t be diluted further than 1:3 without becoming tasteless, and having that little anise it seems designed to have sugar added (something I never do). Compared to its sister products, the Safran (yellow with saffron) and Rouge, it is far less interesting as it is inevitably compared with the very many Vertes available.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account