Dessert absinthe
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: Very vibrant green-topaz (a bit more on the green side). Quite clean-looking...not at all syrupy or cloudy.

Louche: After louching, Authentique is really beautiful in the glass. It's still super green, with multi-faceted highlights in red, orange, yellow, and light turquoise, and not too thick or thin.

Aroma: Back to the "clean-ness" again. At 1:4, there's no remaining alcohol heat, and what's left is a very sweet and wormwoody scent with some fennel and anise, along with some pleasantly sweet wood-like properties. There's also something reminiscent of baby powder and rose soap.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: There's a definite buttery, pastry-like quality to this absinthe, and it reminds me of when I made absinthe cake with buttercream frosting - all the qualities of absinthe but much more dessert-like. It has a very fresh and light texture.

Finish: Wildly mouthwatering at first, with a softly citrus freshness. There aren't any distinct flavors, just a lingering "ahhhh!" sensation and the desire to drink more of it.

Overall: Really lovely, and quite a treat. I hope it's not just because I've been wading through mediocre brands as of late, but this absinthe is a breath of fresh air. You can tell it's finely crafted, and I think it's really yummy.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account