(Updated: February 14, 2013)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: A bit hazy, deep, olive green.

Louche: Creamy with lots of orange and yellow in the translucent bits. It's what I would consider to be on the heavy-side of just-right.

Aroma: The anise hits like a ton of bricks, backed by wormwood and some green leafiness of the lemon balm.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: It's very "green" flavored, aside from the anise, and I find it a bit difficult to get past. It comes across really bitter and over-flavored to my palette, but I have a really hard time eating things with too much "green" flavor (i.e. veggies). This is definitely not the same kind of over-cooked veggie flavor that occurs when an absinthe contains too many tails, more like the flavor of too much fresh green matter. I wonder if it's because of the coloration herbs, which seems to be a bit heavy and has already started to fade considerably, perhaps also having an effect on the flavor.

Finish: There's a good deal of sweetness on the finish and the lingering tongue feeling from the level of anise being used.

Overall: This is not a good absinthe for my palette, so it's difficult for me to pay attention to other details that may be in the absinthe when faced with such strong flavors. It needs a good deal more balance and I think a lighter hand during coloration, but it shows a lot of promise.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account